6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2017 12:04 PM by Julian Wigman

Unable to edit request {Title} on select records

tbuchanan Apprentice

Hello,

I have a strange situation occurring on a very small set of Request records in our system. there seems to be some that I cannot update the default {Title} attribute post creation. Normally this would seem like a simple issue, check window view rules, make sure the window being opened has that attribute set to read/write, verify no calculations are being used to lock the attribute, etc. All of these I have done. I have only been able to locate a small number of records that this affects, but I cannot make sense of how or why it is happening. I have confirmed the window being opened has the right settings on the field, or else it wouldn't work at all and there are no calculations setting that field to read-only. This has been a bit of a head scratcher and I am wondering if anyone has seen this issue or knows of a related bug. we are currently running on ServiceDesk version 2016.4

• 1. Re: Unable to edit request {Title} on select records
          Julian Wigman Master

You dont say what UI you are using so what happens if you open that Service Request in another UI; Workspaces, WebDesk, Console etc. Does the issue affect all UI’s?

Julian

@MarXtar

• 2. Re: Unable to edit request {Title} on select records
            tbuchanan Apprentice

We do not currently use Workspaces, but this same issue applies to both WebDesk and the Console.

• 3. Re: Unable to edit request {Title} on select records
              Julian Wigman Master

Anything in common about the statuses the Requests are at;  a read only status? is this a main window or ghost window?

Maybe check the BO filters on the raise user field that might be conflicting a copy rule or calculation and temporarily disable just to test if scenario changes.

I would 100% check you are on the window you think you are. ie tweak a label or something just to be able to see a difference.

If Console also does then this rules out dynamic windows as a suspect.

Is there anything wierd about the users currently displayed; ie could they have been soft deleted or something leading to this wierd effect?

Wierd one for sure.

Julian

• 4. Re: Unable to edit request {Title} on select records
                Julian Wigman Master

Did you manage to fix this?

Julian

• 5. Re: Unable to edit request {Title} on select records
                  tbuchanan Apprentice

Follow-Up:

I have tested and it is opening on the correct window, I modified the title of the top group box to make sure. All users are current active, no soft deleted records. No filters conflicts. The struggle here is that I only have a very small sample to work off of to find commonality, but one thing I did discover this morning was that these records were all created from "triage" which we essentially built out as a call module. Emails come into the Service Desk mailbox where they are automatically entered into Service Desk as "Triage" records that can be converted to an Incident or Service Request. The 3 records I have (That I know of so far) with this issue, only have this in common from what I can tell. I still do not know why this would make the {Title} static though because the record it generates in a Request or Incident respectively and opens on the correct window. I will do a few test cases here shortly and update again.

• 6. Re: Unable to edit request {Title} on select records
                    Julian Wigman Master

When you say the Triage module do you mean the Window on the Process Object method that came in a few releases back?

If so do you have a filtered dropdown list of processes on the window.

I'm just wondering maybe that at one time the list showed multiple versions of the process and maybe the wrong ones were accidentally picked.  Thus the process version is picking up a different window view perhaps?

A quick query on the PROCESS object and level1 group by CLASSTYPE.TITLE and level2 group by LIFECYCLE.TITLE then sort by process ID should highlight if these rouge ones are on a slightly different process?

Julian

MarXtar Ltd