3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2017 3:09 PM by bdwest

How do I make the remote control cursor visible?

bdwest Apprentice

We are running LDMS 2016.3.  We have deployed the Landesk agent to all our workstations and servers.  The Remote Control tool works well, except for the fact that I can't see the cursor on the remote screen.  If the user starts moving their mouse around, I can't see it. I can't imagine that a remote control tool would not let you see the remote cursor, so I must be doing something wrong here.  Suggestions?

• 1. Re: How do I make the remote control cursor visible?
          carlos Expert

There is not a setting to hide the cursor, try checking both the HTML and legacy access in the Remote Control Settings.

Is this happening with all connections?

• 2. Re: How do I make the remote control cursor visible?
            bdwest Apprentice

Yes, it is happening on all connections.  I've never seen a remote cursor after months of using this on multiple different systems.

In the default Remote control settings, under General Settings, everything is checked except "View only."

Under Indicator settings, both "Floating desktop icon" and "System tray icon" are checked.  Under Floating... the radio button for "Only visible during remote control" is selected.  Under "System..." the radio button for Always visible is checked.

A different question: I also have not found a way to temporarily turn a full-control session into a view-only session.  So if the user is demonstrating something for me, I'd like to temporarily block myself from accidentally moving their mouse.  Can this product do this?

• 3. Re: How do I make the remote control cursor visible?
              bdwest Apprentice

I ended up putting in a support ticket.  They hadn't seen this before, either.  But they gave me a 2017.3 Remote Control Console installer, and using that made the cursor visible when I use it.  When I pointed out that the HTML Remote Control, which apparently uses a completely different mechanism to do remote control, also doesn't show the cursor, he tested it on his system and confirmed that he doesn't see the cursor, either, something he had not noticed before.  All the more reason, he said, why Ivanti is working on replacing both these remote control systems.  Hopefully the new one is better.