4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2017 8:02 AM by AlasdairRobertson

Employee secondary email

ALandl Apprentice

Hi All,

I have users that have multiple email aliases, and this is causing issues when they are sending emails into the system with the "from" address being different from the one stored in HEAT. Is it possible to add a field for a secondary email address, so that HEAT will assign emails with this from address to the correct employee?

Thanks,

Andrew

• 1. Re: Employee secondary email
          AlasdairRobertson ITSMMVPGroup

Hi

It is possible to have users with multiple addresses, the way we handle it is to add a new object for the user email addresses.  Relate this to the employee object and add a new tab to the employee object to hold the additional addresses.

When an email comes in and creates a ticket if it finds the user directly e.g. doesn't log the ticket to Internal Services.  If the Ticket is logged to internal services then you can run a workflow and grab the incoming email from address and try to find a related employee via your new user email address object, if a matching user is found then update the incident profile links with the employee details.

• 2. Re: Employee secondary email
            ALandl Apprentice

Thanks for the reply.

How would this work for approvals? Users have the ability to approve or deny an approval by replying to the approval email. Currently these are just getting logged as new incidents under Internal Services if the from address is wrong.

• 3. Re: Employee secondary email
              ALandl Apprentice

Thanks for the reply.

How would this work for approvals? Users have the ability to approve or deny an approval by replying to the approval email. Currently these are just getting logged as new incidents under Internal Services if the from address is wrong.

• 4. Re: Employee secondary email
                AlasdairRobertson ITSMMVPGroup

I have not tested that I am afraid.