9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2017 12:20 AM by YMoual

SR Approval issues

Rookie

Hello all,

I created Hardware request form. All is working as design with the exception of the second manager approval. If the first manager denies the SR, it changes the status and sends the quick action w/o issues. However, if the 1st manager approves, and the second manager denies the SR, the status changes but the quick action fails and gives me the below error. Can you guys help? What I am missing?  Thanks in advance!

ERROR:

Exception Message: Unhandled system exception: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: WorkflowService.ExecuteQuickActionById failed for tenant serviceco.-companynamehere.net and quick action 'Service Request Denial Notification': Ambiguous result-set when trying to fetch database values for Refer FRS_Approval in operation for ServiceReq (E60ED1BDD9054322A40700A2FA06CFB9). This can be caused by trying to access related object data over one-to-many relationship..

, Executing Quickaction id: ec862777-d1d2-4819-9ad9-5d8e358fe52a.  failed for wf instance Id:F23BAC8163804F9292D40B211B644DED, Blk Name:quickaction, Blk Title:Denial Notification, Blk Id:B635FFDD8218479497CAB202945CC8A6.

• 1. Re: SR Approval issues
          YMoual Apprentice

Hi,

What if you instead reference the Approval / Denial notifications in the Get Approval block as below:

Do you still get the same issue?

• 2. Re: SR Approval issues
            Rookie

Hi, yes, same issue

• 3. Re: SR Approval issues
              YMoual Apprentice

Could you send screenshots of the 2 approval blocks?

• 4. Re: SR Approval issues
                Rookie

approval 1

approval 2 (note, i'v tried every possible combination (notification/action) w/ same results)

• 5. Re: SR Approval issues
                  YMoual Apprentice

I tried reproducing your issue but could not.

Which notification quick action are you referencing in your "Quick Action" block?

I am using the OOTB "Service Request Denial Notification" as shown below:

If you not using this one, could you try using this notification and see if it helps?

• 6. Re: SR Approval issues
                    Rookie

I am using the same one; with one exception - see below. All work fine on the 1st approval block (if denied, reason why is included). However, the denial reason and quick action block fail on the 2nd approval (if denied).  Thanks again for your comments and assistance!

• 7. Re: SR Approval issues
                      YMoual Apprentice

And that explains why you are having the issue. When the SR goes through one approval block, you will not have this error. However, when it goes through 2 approvals, then the system will not know from which approval to get the Approval reason from... hence the error "Ambiguous result-set when trying to fetch database values for Refer FRS_Approval in operation for ServiceReq (E60ED1BDD9054322A40700A2FA06CFB9). This can be caused by trying to access related object data over one-to-many relationship".

If you remove this Approval reason from your notification, you will not have this error again.

There is an article in the Ivanti KB which explains how to include the approval reason in the SR Denial notification. Not sure if you have access to it. If yes, check article #16082. That should help you.

• 8. Re: SR Approval issues
                        Rookie

Hello, yes, I used article # 16082 to configure the denial notifications. All work ok on the 1st approval but fails on the 2nd one

• 9. Re: SR Approval issues
                          YMoual Apprentice

You can try the following:

- Create a quick action notification in FRS_Approval where you will set the Approval Reason in the notification.

- You can set the SR# in this notification by using the field ParentID which stores the parent ID number of the Approval (i.e. Change or SR number)

- Then in your SR workflow, use a run for child block which will reference the relationship between SR and FRS_Approval as well as your quick action notification. Set the child filter to be Status == Denied so that it only gets the reason from the approval which has been denied.

Hope it helps.