5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2017 1:09 AM by Julian Wigman

View rule for analyst

John Haddad Expert

Hi everyone

i have create two window for service request .

A- simple fields

B- full details fields

so when an analyst want to raise ticket i want to see the A window and when this request goes to responsible group sure there are analyst also, i want them to see B window

i have create template for each service and i have set the Catalogue Hierarchy and ConfigItemRequested in templates.

so the USER will not select from them .. he will pic the required service from catalogue.

in the view management , i have add for Default rule in Request.Management.Request two Rule for this Service : NEW & Update

>>

so now the when the Service Initialize it shows the Form A ,, and user can submit ,,

when analyst open as UPDATE ,, the ( Catalogue Hierarchy and ConfigItemRequested ) is not shown:

any help !

• 1. Re: View rule for analyst
          Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

It is strange that "Service Item" isn't appearing as this field is populated on screen normally via internal system functionality.

Catalogue hierarchy for sure doesn't automatically set so I typically have a copy rule setup to do that.

2017-11-02_08-23-22.jpg

So try something for me, if you haven't already got a copy rul as above then setup.  then put both of those fields on Window A and hide them.  Then what is the result?

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

• 2. Re: View rule for analyst

Did that fix John?

• 3. Re: View rule for analyst
              John Haddad Expert

Hi Julian,

yes i resolved this by setting the template for request in work space link

now it's taking both fields properly

Thanks

• 4. Re: View rule for analyst

Hi John

How does setting a template on the workspace fix this isssue as you said the problem was that the catalogue hierarchy and service item were not filed in when creating the new Request from the Service Catalogue; this issue would seemed to have morphed into the user raising the Request via a tile on a Workspaces Dashboard instead?

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

• 5. Re: View rule for analyst

I should add that unless your catalogue is going to be fairly compact then creating a template for every Service Item is going to create you a lot of admin IMHO.

Much better IMHO to have a smaller number of common templates if you can.  The Service Item field is the automatically filled in by the system if the item is picked from the service catalogue and the catalogue hierarchy set via a copy rule. Normally I just use a template to set a few common fields such as the Request Source = Self Service etc.

100 cat items = 100 templates, 500 cat items = 500 templates; doesnt feel very manageable!

Julian

MarXtar Ltd