1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 6, 2017 8:55 AM by Peteski

Default unattend.xml why two time sysprep

Rookie

Dear collegues. I'm starting these provisioning phases with landesk. Befor capturing an image i do sysprep and i turn my pc off.

( I start this command C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep\sysprep.exe /oobe /shutdown /generalize /unattend: C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep\sysprep.xml ,In sysprerp.xml  i do the "copyprofile ) .

During the deploy image I use the default LD_default_unattend.xml  of landesk.

why does the unattend file again show the sysprep command if one launches it before turning off the pc?

___________________________part of the unattend file I do not understand_______________________

component name="Microsoft-Windows-Deployment" processorArchitecture="AMD64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<RunSynchronous>

<RunSynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">

<Order>1</Order>

<Path>c:\windows\System32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /oobe /generalize /reboot </Path>

</RunSynchronousCommand>

</RunSynchronous>

</component>

</settings>

<settings pass="generalize">

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-PnpSysprep" processorArchitecture="AMD64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<PersistAllDeviceInstalls>true</PersistAllDeviceInstalls>

</component>

</settings>

________________________________________________________________________________
      I attach the unattend file by default.

Can I add the copyprofile to the LD_default_unattend.xml file? Must the sysprerp part remain in LD_default_unattend.xml?

Thank you
      Simone

• 1. Re: Default unattend.xml why two time sysprep
          Peteski Apprentice

It looks like you have your unattend files mixed up perhaps. Unattend files can be used in many different parts of the PC imaging, pre-os boot WINPE and post-os deployment stages. The file you attached looks like the unattend will be used on the initial sysprep of the master image PC. You wouldn't use that unattend.xml when deploying the prepped image file.

You'd create another one using MS system image manager and this one would have all of the things in it you wanted to do on the image, like creating default local admin account/PW, enter company name, disable eula page, set time zone, etc.

For the example below of what you need to do, I'll assume you captured to a wim file and use imagex to deploy OS.

In the deployment template, you setup the disk (diskpart) in Pre-OS section, choose your program to drop the wim file (imagex) in the OS installation section. In post-os installation section, your first action should be to copy file or "inject file" and inject your specific unattend.xml file. The difference between copy file and inject file actions btw, is that with inject it will look for %something% variables to replace with corresponding (case-sensitive) local or global variables (useful for naming PC etc). You don't have to use variables and inject uses a stored file from the core server's database vs copying a file from a preferred server. So you need to use Tools->Install Scripts from the provisioning menu to import your unattend file prior to creating the template with a custom inject file action.

Now when you run the deployment template, it will use your unattend.xml, inject it into the c:\windows\system32\sysprep directory after the image is dropped and you can move on to setting the c drive as boot partition (bcdboot) and configure the OS actions and the computer should build properly.

1 of 1 people found this helpful