7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2017 10:49 PM by Senta

Dashboard errors

DCAA Apprentice

Sometimes I have one of the analysts complaining that he/she can not see the tickets because the window is showing server error. Check the attached screenshot

Dashboard error.JPG

Usually I login using the sa account and re-select the dashboard from there and it simply works!!! but why is this happening? and why it happens with some of the analysts?

• 1. Re: Dashboard errors
          Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

Infortunately we cant see much from your screenshot as you are not presented with the real errors when you arent on the WEB server.  Try from the WEB server (hosting the webaccess web app) and you’ll get the real error and post that.

Does the same dashboard always error for the same user or just sometimes?

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Dashboard errors
            DCAA Apprentice

Hi Julian

I get this error from time to time and for different analysts so next time it happens I will take the error message from the web server and post it here.... Thanks for the reply

• 3. Re: Dashboard errors

Cool

It could just be a simple timeout error; that gadget is set to autoupdate so maybe this happens around the time the session is automatically closing for the Analyst if they are a concurrrent user license.

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

• 4. Re: Dashboard errors
                Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

Most probably it is related to the fact that the query is set to auto update after certain amount of time. And when the server times-out (Automatic Logout for the users) this issue will occur. I have seen this in couple of environments and the solution was either to increase the session time-out minutes or to disable the auto update of the query.

• 5. Re: Dashboard errors

That’s what I said in the message before! :0)

• 6. Re: Dashboard errors
                    Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

I am using my mobile to reply to some questions here since I got some free time and didn't really see your reply lol

• 7. Re: Dashboard errors
                      Senta SupportEmployee

Hello DCAA,

you might want to open a case with Ivanti Support to investigate this further.

The first step however is to follow the advice given by the error message you see at the moment.

The Server literally tells you that there was an error, but current security setting prevent it from showing you the details to the error.

Please add the suggested lines to the web.config file of Web access on all of your web servers.

The next time the analyst runs into the issue they should see a more explaining error message of what the issue was.

After the issue has been fixed, you then remove the lines form the web.config file to heighten security again.

Regards

Ivanti Support