2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2017 10:58 AM by Recursion

How can I find where Inventory Scan looks on the PC for the Manufacturing date?

JayTaylor Rookie

My Inventory currently shows this blank on all PCs.  If this is something that exists on the PCs but I'm not retrieving that information, how can I turn that on?

• 1. Re: How can I find where Inventory Scan looks on the PC for the Manufacturing date?
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

You'd need to log a ticket with support, and they'd poke dev about it.

There's a plethora of places this could hide in - DMI (if old enough), usually WMI though ... "if it's there / in a place we look, we'll pick it up" essentially.

Occasionally, the odd hardware model / vendor comes around who does things they shouldn't, and we may have to add custom code for them (so support will need to know what make / model you're having issues with. If that's hardware we have access to, we can inspect it).

Also:

- Always mention what version you're on (could be that there's quite a few patches / version releases since whatever version you're on to be tried out).

- Always mention what OS you're using (shouldn't be super important in this case, but it's a good habit)

• 2. Re: How can I find where Inventory Scan looks on the PC for the Manufacturing date?
            Recursion SupportEmployee

In addition to what phoffmann said, please also list the full inventory attribute path when you contact support (Computer.System.Manufacturing Date, Computer.Manufacturing Date, etc) as that value's location can help determine where it came from.