I would have thought you‘d need a business linking object between PROJECT and USER if it doesnt already exist; this should then create a related attribute called ”Users” (something named like this) on the project object and “Projects” on the User object?
You can then drag PROJECT onto Incident to create a one-to-one relationship (dropdown). You should then be able to put a filter on this object and the criteria is where Users equals runtime value RaiseUser.
Thanks for your reply.
I have followed your steps but with no success ,
Please understand the current setup we have in the system and suggest what should I do to achieve the desired result.
1) 'Project' and 'Incident' already has a one-to-one relationship between them.
2) The attribute 'Project' is already present on the 'Incident' window as well as End User window.
3) When I save any new user I select one project from the project dropdown on End user window.
4) When that user comes to log any new incident he sees only one option(selected in step 4) under the dropdown.
5) I have achieved this by putting a filter on 'Project' attribute (created by one-to-one relationship) in Incident object.
I want to add user to multiple projects (say 2 projects) and then whenever he comes to log a new Incident ticket he must be able to see those selected two projects only in the dropdown.
Thanks a ton!!!
We have achieved what was desired. Thank you