2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2017 6:12 PM by Joe-of-Heat

Three newbie questions

Rookie

Hi all,

I am new to Heat. We have a Heat administrator who is on maternity and I am hoping someone here can help with three probably relatively easy questions. Happy to give it a go myself with a starting point.

1) Is there a way to multiple bulk assign tickets from the unassigned queue instead of doing it individually?

2) Where should I be looking to have tickets auto-assigned depending on key words in the subject line?

3) Lastly certain actions trigger certain events. For example closing triggers are an email to the customer. I want to change this trigger to only go out to customers dealt with by certain groups. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
      Joe

• 1. Re: Three newbie questions
          AlasdairRobertson ITSMMVPGroup

1) Is there a way to multiple bulk assign tickets from the unassigned queue instead of doing it individually?

Yes, use quick actions, these can be run from the list view or form view and do lots of cool things.  There is an example called: Reassign Owner Team out of the box.

2) Where should I be looking to have tickets auto-assigned depending on key words in the subject line?

This would typically be done using a workflow, you have to set it up in the AdminUI on the Incident Object.  Then use a switch block to cycle through the keywords in an Incident Summary [Subject] and assign to an appropriate team or execute another action.

3) Lastly certain actions trigger certain events. For example closing triggers are an email to the customer. I want to change this trigger to only go out to customers dealt with by certain groups. Can someone point me in the right direction?

If you go to the AdminUI find the incident object, there is a business rules section > Triggered actions.  there is one called  IncidentClosureNotification their you can specify additional conditions to trigger or not trigger the notification.

The above is the simplest way of making the changes of course there are other ways to automate and control the system.  The online help is very good.

Last words please please make all changes in Staging and Test in UAT before updating production. shout if you need more help.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Three newbie questions
            Rookie

Thank you for responding to me.