4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2017 12:09 AM by Julian Wigman

Unable to view Change ticket in WebAccess

Rookie

Hi all,

I am currently facing an issue in which I can't view the Change ticket. When I click on the ticket, it'll displays below error as per screenshot:

chg ticket.png

The first thing I did was executing a script against its pm_guid. Script as below:

update pm_process set usr_description_html=pm_description where pm_guid ='5223B2C1-F66B-4A22-BB42-BE6859C56C5F'

As the Change module integrate with Release module, the Release ticket also facing the same problem.
      Hopefully you guys might be able to help me on this.

Thanks.

Regards,

Faiz

ZeN Computer Systems

• 1. Re: Unable to view Change ticket in WebAccess
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

This is not an OS Provisioning type problem.

Please take care to enter questions in the correct area(s) - it makes it much more likely that you'll get a timley and/or sensible response. I'll move your thread towards the service desk side of things, and someone more familiar can take things from there.

• 2. Re: Unable to view Change ticket in WebAccess
            Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

Do you have any calculations on any of the fields in the Change Window? If not, Could you check any precondition with a calculation within the process that could be causing this issue?

• 3. Re: Unable to view Change ticket in WebAccess
              Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

faizradzi are you saying that the specific Change referenced by GUID '5223B2C1-F66B-4A22-BB42-BE6859C56C5F' now won't open since you ran this SQL script (which affects one lifecycle) or ALL CHANGES/RELEASES NOW WONT OPEN?

If it is just that one Change, and it opened fine before you ran that script, then it would seem the logical thing to do would be just to reverse it out again (ie set HTML description field to null) and see if it restores access.  If is ALL Changes then I'm curious at why you thought to mention you had run this specific script in the first place as you presumably must have thought this might have broken things too?

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

• 4. Re: Unable to view Change ticket in WebAccess
                Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

As Motaz says, and because it just one affected Change as you mentioned in your PM ( I presume it was a PM as I received an email notification but cant see the post in the thread!), then it is then probably a calculation that is failing and again probably a precondition.

When you open a lifecycle it evaluates the preconditions on the status the Change is currently on plus any at adjacent status too if the process is also designed to auto move-on etc.

When calcs like this fail for just some specific items it is almost always due to insufficient null checking in the calculation design.

Perhaps screenshot the area of the process this particular lifecycle is stuck at and also post the BOO code for any conditions or preconditions at that status and we can try to spot the error for you.

If you turn on diagnostic logging in ConfigurationCenter for calculations and set to ERROR it would give you more info.

Julian

MarXtar Ltd