The print buttons out of the box are all calling SSRS reports in the background which run then the report can be printed. In 2017.3.x there is a new rapid reporting tool which I got my hands on today for the first time you can use that on your custom objects that will get you a report without having to mess around with SSRS which you can print.
That's what I figured. The Ivanti help mentions uploading an .rdl file in order to configure this new report. I was hoping there was a simpler way to do this before the holidays but I'll end up creating a new report for the object in mind.
We're still on a 2015 version and don't plan on upgrading any time soon
I am also trying to get this data out by adding the TABS in Incident, Service Request, and Change so we can essentially print out a complete record. I am not familiar with the SQL report builder and it is not immediately evident how what is provided OOB even works.
In terms of running the "Print Incident", "Print Service Request", "Print Problem", etc.. reports.
All of the print reports are actually two reports, one being a sub-report to gather data for a single item, and the main one that combines individual reports together.
Print Incident as an example.
There are two reports for this
PrintIncidentReport.rdl doesn't contain anything but parameters that will be passed along to the subreport, which is linked to IncidentMain.rdl.
IncidentMain.rdl contains all the queries to pull all the data together based on the input RecId.
The reason it was built this way is so you can print multiple incidents at once. IncidentMain.rdl is geared to return data from from a single incident, but PrintIncidentReport isn't. It prints a sub-report for each recid it sees.
You can select multiple incidents and the report will run the sub-report on each incident selected, returning multiple incidents for that single report. If you were only using IncidentMain, you would only be able to print a single incident on a report.