Ran into a huge backlog of scans and errorscans. New machines were just not showing up. So, we did some digging. I found the following in the event logs :
Database exception: SCAAE93.SCN, LDInv.dll
Arithmetic overflow error converting IDENTITY to data type int.
Error comitting on table FILEINFOINSTANCE: ARITHMETIC OVERFLOW ERROR CONVERTING IDENTITY TO DATA TYPE INT.
Increased column size might be necessary, Thread ID: 2292.
The FileInfoInstance_Idn field is an Int. And we'd unfortunately run out of room. We have our database in a cluster so using the CoreDBUtil.exe wasn't an option for us. We did update the datamart.xml file for the FileInfoInstance table :
<column name="FileInfoInstance_Idn" type="BigInt" identity="Yes" null="No" />
I then fired up Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (my database is named 'LDMS') and ran the following :