3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2018 3:57 PM by jeffnohl

    Listed Service Request parameters don't match what is entered

    jeffnohl Apprentice

      Good morning to all, and happy new year.

       

      I was wondering if anyone has seen anything like this before, and know if there is a fix, preferrably without recreating the request offering from scratch. The issue is that the parameters shown in the final confirmation and service desk analyst views do not match what is actually entered by the user.

       

      The basic design is that there is a text box which asks for the number of installs required. For up to 15 installs, there are separate Install X sections for each install, prompting for a user and computer.

      If there are over 15, a different text area is shown which just asks for a bit of free text to get these details.

       

      This is what the user sees when filling in the form:

       

      This works properly. The required fields are shown, and nothing else.

       

      When the user reviews the request.

      This is fine.. The entered information matches what is seen in the review screen.

       

      When the user clicks submit, this is the review screen.

       

      And from the service desk analyst view:

       

      What is happening is that the "Install X" details are not shown. (Funnily enough, if the required installs is 1, then everything works perfectly)

       

      Would anyone have any ideas?

      Based on some other behaviour, I THINK that there is something odd happening where the request offering has not refreshed somewhere, as the "Install X" section is a new addition to the offering.

        • 1. Re: Listed Service Request parameters don't match what is entered
          jeffnohl Apprentice

          Ok, I think I have found it..

          My explaination is likely horrible, but hopefully it makes sense.

           

          The required / visible rules for the fields look something like TB_InstallsReq <= 15 && TB_InstallsReq >= 3

          So that field is visible and required if the number of installs is needed is between 3 and 15.

           

          The required / visibility rule calculations seem to differ in the different parts. While the request offering is being populated, the visibility / required rules seem to do an implicit conversion to a number for the value in TB_InstallsReq

          In the item details / request parameters sections, this implicit conversion does not look to occur, meaning the fields are not visible IF the required installs is between 2 and 9. (More testing is needed)

           

          So if I change the visibility rule to

          number(TB_InstallsReq) <= 15 && number(TB_InstallsReq) >= 3

          Everything works perfectly.

           

          Explicitly casting all values to number also works, but possibly overkill.. maybe...

          • 2. Re: Listed Service Request parameters don't match what is entered
            AlasdairRobertson ITSMMVPGroup

            Not sure if you are aware  on the fields for the numbers you can try setting these to a numeric type rather than alpha numeric and doing a a cast.

             

            1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Listed Service Request parameters don't match what is entered
              jeffnohl Apprentice

              Hi Alasdair

               

              The fields were set to number type rather than alphanumeric.

              What I think is happening is that the cast occurs from the form view, but not from the details view. The fix is easy enough, it's just that the behaviour is inconsistent.