6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2018 1:02 AM by Julian Wigman

Attachment when window open in template

John Haddad Expert

Hi .,,

i have added in request template an attachment ,

so i want the raise user to open the request and see that attachment > download > fill > upload

it showing the attachment ok

but when click on that attachment it gives me this error

• 1. Re: Attachment when window open in template
          Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

I never came across this issue before to be honest but I just got an idea where you can place a URL in the form (Based on a calculation) which points into the file (The file can be stored on the web server) and when a user clicks on it the files gets downloaded. *I didn't try that but it is just an idea*

• 2. Re: Attachment when window open in template
            John Haddad Expert

Ya we talk about this solution ..

but i want to make it easy if possible from landesk side

• 3. Re: Attachment when window open in template
              Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

John

Maybe just email them to form from the process and get them to fill in and reply to the email and it can then add the attachment via inbound mail mapping?

I can sort of see why you would get that error via a template as otherwise all Incidents would surely have the same reference to the same image instance.

And then there is the obvious issue of how users can fill in a PNG attachment without printing it out, filling it in by hand and then scanning it back in again.  

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

• 4. Re: Attachment when window open in template
                John Haddad Expert

Hi Julian,

No in this screenshot its PNG as example

otherwise it will be document ( Word - Excel)and download then re-upload again .,..

isn't there away to such a thing in the window when initialize ?

without emails or web server

• 5. Re: Attachment when window open in template

John

I’m struggling to think of something totally integrated and best I can think of is a window (you could even do on the base window too) where you have two attributes to do the function. 

The first is a calculated html field that basically presents a download link as Motaz says such that when clicked the form opens locally on the users pc and the edit and save; maybe the label of this field is “Step 1: Download and Complete”.

The second field below it is a Multiattachment object labelled something like “Step 2: Upload completed form” where they browse to wherever they saved the form to reattach.

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

• 6. Re: Attachment when window open in template

Also just thinking, there is a Sharepoint mashup API so don’t know if you could do anything clever with this if you also have Sharepoint in your organisation.

It’s not something I’ve personally used myself but throwing it out there.

Julian

MarXtar Ltd