4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2018 10:46 AM by alouhichi2

Send Notification to Users in Collection

Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

Hello,

I am looking for a way to send a notification to all users who are added into a collection. For example, I have an action that add users into a collection named "Users". Once the request is submitted, I want an email to be sent to all users in this collection.

Any way to achieve this?

• 1. Re: Send Notification to Users in Collection
          michael.odriscoll SupportEmployee

Hi Motaz,

Did you get any update on this you can share?

• 2. Re: Send Notification to Users in Collection
            alouhichi2 Apprentice

The idea to achieve this, in my opinion, is to use the add CC recipient functionality

CC recipients are notified when the raise user is notified (for example when request is created, a new note added or request is fulfilled)

So you can add this functionality after the first reminder sent for IPC confirmation to the raise user

You have to :

- Activate the CC recipient behavior on Incident/ request business object

- Update process by adding the CC recipient after the first reminder

- Use a calculation to store data on the Email address field something like this

import System

static def GetAttributeValue(_IncidentCCRecipient):

Value = ';'

if _IncidentCCRecipient.Process._UserCol.Count >0:

for user in _IncidentCCRecipient.Process._UserCol:

if user._User.EMailAddress !=null:

Value = user._User.EMailAddress + Value

return Value

Regards,

• 3. Re: Send Notification to Users in Collection
              Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

Thanks Anoir. I thought of using this method already but the thing is that I want this to be used once as in the process the raise user will be notified multiple times. And I don't want the people in CC to be notified every time a reminder is sent to the raise user. Do you have any idea how can we do that?

• 4. Re: Send Notification to Users in Collection
                alouhichi2 Apprentice

Yes I agree with this limitation

What you can do, once you have sent the reminder and populate the content of the CC recipient is to add a flag on the ticket (something like CC are notified ?)

You can use an automatic action the set the flag to true

You can use the flag in a SQL trigger under the usr_incidentccrecipient table (for incident) to clear the entry linked to this IPC (you have the Process Guid as the identification of the IPC)

with this method, you just populate the CC recipient table when it required and clear the entries once the action is used (flag set to true)