1 of 1 people found this helpful
I would try to upgrade the MAC agent to the latest agent - http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-3495
There has been many updates since 2a, i believe there was some issues with inventory in one of the updates since then. Secondly, when scoping stuff it may be good to include the IP address range of a site so that you can be certain that it is scoped properly. I have seen times where the LDAP info for whatever reason doesn't get pulled in.
Thanks for the information.
I have updated to 22.214.171.1249 on the Mac Agent however that did not fix the issue. Like mentioned, I have setup additional scopes based on IP ranges however certain buildings are administered by different support groups and unfortunately these IP ranges will overlap which is why i would like to list the scopes by OUs in AD rather than IP range.
Will do a bit more testing and see if I can have someone update the core server as I dont have admin rights to it.
I will take a look at my environment, as i have a few thousand MACS to see if i see anything that is a pattern for 10.5.6. I will let you know.
When the inventory scanner runs (on your mac agent) if a domain user isn't logged into the machine then the inventory scanner cannot collect LDAP information so your scope might be working but machines are missing the information that you scoped.
I am not sure if this is the case (at least on the 3 current machines I am testing). I am going to try to test it on a few more PCs but I know for sure 3 of the Macs I am testing are part of Active Directory and using their AD credentials to login.
If I right click on Inventory under the Management Console, I can clearly see the LDAP location and the primary login user. On the test machine in my office I am logging in using my AD credentials and the Mac itself is located within an OU in the scope.
I attached a screenshot.
If i look in that scope, I can't see the Macs at all however I can see them fine if I use I search the scope I setup that goes by subnet.
screenshotlandesk.JPG 92.2 K
So the systems have the LDAP information in the inventory, but it doesn't show in the query when you search for it? If that is the case, i read the question wrong.
Could you post the query that you are using, then?
yeah if your data is there then I would verify your query works.
To include a LDAP location in a query, here is how i generate the info.
- I open up Directory manager
- Go to the OU above or exactly where you want to scope
- Right click on OU, go to properties
- In the LDAP path, i copy out the path after the name of my domain
- Example it would look like - OU=BSL,OU=NYC,DC=TEST,DC=DOMAIN,DC=com
- Substitute the info for each of the OU and DC areas.
- You can also copy out further down the OU areas if you want to further restrict it.
- In the query i do either a 'AND' or 'OR' and it is important to use the LIKE operator as if you use the '=' it will not find anything.
- Then include the IP range info as well again with either 'AND' or 'OR'
Hope that helps..