what happens when you set "Ingore contraings if empty..." to false in the pick list? Do check that box for any particular reason?
Also it could help to analyse if you posted the configuration of the fields itself and also if there's any Business Rules which could affect the fields and its values.
The same result, I just want to make sure I don't block my users because of a constraint in place to facilitate their work.
We have the same setup for each object (Incident, ServiceReq, ...)
The only exception is that Tasks must first initialize their "Division" value based on a current user field (which works apparently, I put a label to check the Division value being applied).
Here are the rules applied linked to Division
The TeamType part is the Division's predecessor (We'll keep it for that release and remove it later on)
There's nothing too fancy here, for comparison here are incident rules (Pretty much the same)
Thanks for your help,
thanks for the details. I personally would check the following before opening a case with ivanti:
1. Try to show the "Division_Valid" via expression label on the form to check if the _Valid values gets provided as well
2. Does the error occur on other forms as well? Create simple new form with the needed dropdowns to check if the error still occurs.
3. Is there any business rules affecting the Service field itself?
4. Create a new "Division_TMP" field which gets filled with the Division name via Editing rule. Use this field to validate your Service Picklist. Just for testing.
5. Are the Division fields on the Service field filled correctly? Are the fields validated?
To be honest, without looking at the system myself right now I don't see what you did wrong. Screams for an Incident :-/
Beste Grüße / Best Regards
ITSM Consulting GmbH | Germany | D-55294 Bodenheim | Am Kuemmerling 21-25
Mobile: +49 151 29256681 | Tel.: +49 6135 9334 0 | Fax: +49 6135 9334 22 | E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Web: www.itsmgroup.com
ITSM Group – Be Better
Geschäftsführer: Siegfried Riedel, Amtsgericht Mainz HRB 47740
Made a few tests but I do believe I'll raise an incident here...
It works in every other scenario I have.
I went a bit deeper:
When changing the division's value the client requests the new list definition which is returned by the server (so apparently no reason for it not to load the proper list content).
Thanks for your help anyway,