4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2018 5:53 AM by NVeron

Execute Quick Action for a large list

NVeron Apprentice

Hello,

ISM 2017.2.1.

I try to execute a quick action for each element of a large list ( > 2k elements). It was easy with ITSM 7.x when you just had to select all the elements of the grid and execute the Quick Action but on this version you must select each 100 element of a page then launch the quick action.

When executing an Excel export action, it asks to execute for the selected lines or all the grid, does this behavior is possible with another Quick Action ?

Regards

• 1. Re: Execute Quick Action for a large list
          SupportEmployee

There is a way you can do this:

1) Create a Saved Search on the Business Object to find the records that you want to update

2) Create a Quick Action that does the update

3) Create a workflow on the Business Object that you want to update and add the "Run for Search" Block.

4) Select the Saved Search you created in the Search Definition drop-list and the updating Quick Action in the Run Quick Action drop-list.

5) Save and publish the WorkFlow

6) Create a Quick Action of type "Execute Workflow" and select the Workflow that you just created.

7) Run the Quick Action to start the Workflow

I would advise you to try this in a test environment first.  When running this in production you may want to do it out of hours as it could impact performance.

• 2. Re: Execute Quick Action for a large list
            NVeron Apprentice

Hello Martin,

I was aware of this solution, but it's quite unpractical as the saved search must be linked to the current user and some Prompts() which are not accessible inside a workflow, so I must have a workflow and a quick action by user.

I know that there's some performance implication but the extension of the data grid choices of number of displayed lines is not possible ?

Regards,

• 3. Re: Execute Quick Action for a large list
              SupportEmployee

Hello Nathanaël

You can increase the number of rows displayed in the grids by changing the List Settings in the User Interface Styles section of the AdminUI:

The maximum that you can set it to is 1000.

Setting it to a high value may have a performance impact as it will cause the system to retrieve more records from the database.

• 4. Re: Execute Quick Action for a large list
                NVeron Apprentice

Great, this is the solution I was hoping for !

Thanks Martin