6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2018 11:52 PM by rhaa

Load a Service Request Draft: Fill in Field value based on URL Parameter possible?

rhaa Apprentice

Hi there

Is it possible to create an URL that fills in a value based on he URL to the Request Form?

Something like this (last Parameter, doesnt work):

https://tenant_URL/Login.aspx?
      Scope=SelfService

&Role=SelfService
      &CommandId=LoadServiceRequestDraft
      &Tab=ServiceCatalog
      &Template=OfferingRecID

&FieldName=TestValue

• 1. Re: Load a Service Request Draft: Fill in Field value based on URL Parameter possible?
          Jonathan.Schmidt SupportEmployee

No this is not possible.  Default values are possible on the SR ticket via Initialization rules and on the Parameters of a specific Request Offering via the from designer.  Can you tell us more about your use case that you'd want to specify a value in a URL like this?

• 2. Re: Load a Service Request Draft: Fill in Field value based on URL Parameter possible?
            rhaa Apprentice

We defiened a Service Request to grant access to different map layers. For example there is a layer to show all power cable under the street or a layer to see all trees planted in the City.

If you open this Service Request, you have to Chose one or multiple layers you need access.

There is a Intranet site that contains a lot of Information about These layers and on These site, the responibles wanted to include different Hyperlinks to order Permission for Differenz map layers so you don't have to Chose again your map layer in form.

For exmaple the Informations about the power cable layer contains a Link to the Service Request. It would be great if you click this link the right layer is selected by Default in form.

I hope this was comprehensibly. I'm not a native englisch speaker.

• 3. Re: Load a Service Request Draft: Fill in Field value based on URL Parameter possible?

I think I understand that.  In your situation I would make additional offerings for the one specific map layer only and link those directly out to the layer pages, then have an additional link for "Request multiple layers" that points to the one you've got built already.

• 4. Re: Load a Service Request Draft: Fill in Field value based on URL Parameter possible?
                rhaa Apprentice

Don't use a sledgehammer to crack a nut

I don't agree. We already created ~70 Request Offerings. One of these is about these map layers. There are 20 different map layers. I dont really want to add 20 additional Request Offerings I have to edit if something basically changes for example the Organisation approval process that is equal in all request offerings.

• 5. Re: Load a Service Request Draft: Fill in Field value based on URL Parameter possible?

Fair enough.  I was offering one alternative that would be possible in the product today that would meet your use case.  If you'd like you can log this as a feature request on the Uservoice portal (details below).  If you choose to please be sure to let the Product Management team know that you need to ability to set Offering Parameters via URL as that's a very specialized area of the software.

==========================================================================================================================================================

The functionality that you are looking for is not currently available in the product.  Our product management teams are always looking for new ideas to help us improve our products and we know the best ideas come from customers that use our products every day.

We would therefore encourage that you consider submitting a suggestion in our Feature Request portal via the Ivanti Community Ideas homepage

You can submit ideas and show support for ideas that other customers have submitted by voting for them. The more votes an idea receives, the more visibility it receives with our Product Management team. The Product Management team will evaluate all ideas that reach a voted point threshold. When there is an update on the status, an Ivanti product manager will reply to the idea or update the status so that all interested parties are notified. It is therefore key that you as a customer raise new or vote on exiting ideas to be kept looped in with future progress.

When you create an idea, please describe both the problem or pain you're experiencing as well as your suggested solution to that problem. It can also be useful to describe specifically how you would use the new feature if it were built, as well as how you are dealing with the problem today. The better your explanation and logic, the better your chances of attracting positive votes from other users and ensuring a response from Product Management.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Kind regards,

If you have any other comments or questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Ivanti Community Ideas Homepage: https://community.ivanti.com/community/enhancementrequests

• 6. Re: Load a Service Request Draft: Fill in Field value based on URL Parameter possible?
                    rhaa Apprentice

Do not get me wrong. I thank you for your suggestion, it's just a bit "too much" in our case :-)

I'll submit a suggestion in your Feature Request portal, thanks for sharing.