13 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2018 3:22 PM by Jonathan.Schmidt

issue with ISM/ IEM Data import connector

alouhichi2 Apprentice

Hi,

ISM 2017.2.1 on premise

IEM : 10.1.30

The standard IEM interface in ISM 2017.2 is not importing CI data from IEM (I have a case with support and seems that is a defect and will be fixed on 2018 version)

As a workaround, i used a scheduled export from IEM (using SSIS package) and import it into ISM using a  spreedshet connector

Bellow steps describing how I have configured the ISM / IEM connector.

1. 1- Connection is OK

1. 2- Object Mapping

1. 3- Filter setting : No filter is needed in my case
      2. 4- 4- Field Mapping

1. 5- Schedule : No schedule task is needed in my case

So when I achieve the step preview I have this :

At the last step, when I execute Publish and run now, no data are imported on the Computer ISM object

however I have CI on my LDMS (IEM) database

In the the Integration Log, I don’t found details on what is wrong with my configuration

I have not yet tested the ISM 2017.3  but I have a doubt that this version will fix this defect

Does any one have the same issue please ?

Thanks

Regards,

• 1. Re: issue with ISM/ IEM Data import connector
          Martin.Nabbs SupportEmployee

If you look in either the "Integration Queue" or "Message Queue Journal" workspaces do you see any transactions?

• 2. Re: issue with ISM/ IEM Data import connector
            alouhichi2 Apprentice

Hi,

I have one entries in the "Integration Queue" (It appears a dew seconds until it is processeded)

in the integration Log, I have this message

"

Integration Object Details:

Name: Computer

Is active: True

Is published: True

Batch size per fetch: 50

Max size per run: 500

Source Connection Details:

Name:

Type: SQL

User/Login Id: sa

Password: *

Database Server: 10.0.0.11\SQLEXPRESS

Database Name: ldms

Is SSL: False

Target Connection Details:

Name:

Type: FrontRange IM

User/Login Id:

Password: *

IMServerURL: HEAT:5000

AuthKey: *

Tenant Id/URL: HEAT

Mapping Details:

Source Object: CompSystem

Source Object: Computer

Source Object: Memory

Source Object: OEMSoftwarePackages

Source Object: OSNT

Source Object: Operating_System

Source Object: Processor

Can you tell me where I found access to "Message Queue Journal" workspaces ?

Thank you

Regards,

• 3. Re: issue with ISM/ IEM Data import connector

Click on More... and start to enter message in the field.  Message Queue Journal should show up:

• 4. Re: issue with ISM/ IEM Data import connector
                alouhichi2 Apprentice

I have re-excute the data import task and get access to the Message Queue Journal

There are no entries added

Thanks

• 5. Re: issue with ISM/ IEM Data import connector

Have you installed the HEAT Discovery components in your system?  Some of the message processing requires these components even though you are not using HEAT Discovery.

You could check on the Application Server to see if there are any messages generated by the Integration service.  There should be a folder called "Frs_Integration" in "C:\Temp" (this path is hard-coded) or in the Temp Files folder specified in the System Configuration Wizard (SCW).  For some Data Imports the Integration Service writes the input file with an error message added to the end of the file in either of these locations.

• 6. Re: issue with ISM/ IEM Data import connector
                    alouhichi2 Apprentice

No, I haven't installed HEAT Discovery components. If it is required to analyze this issue, can you tell me how to install it please ?

I checked C:\Temp\Frs_Integration and it is empty

Thank you

Regards,

• 7. Re: issue with ISM/ IEM Data import connector

In Windows go to Programs and Features and select the line for Ivanti Service Manager then click on: Change

The Windows Installer will start - click on Next and select Modify on the next screen:

Select Discovery to be installed on the next screen:

Click Next and then Install on the following screen.

• 8. Re: issue with ISM/ IEM Data import connector
                        alouhichi2 Apprentice

I have installed Discovery services; thank you

I see now on  integration log thos message

System.NullReferenceException: Reference object not set to an instance of object

à FRS.Integration.DataContainer.FRSIMDataContainer.get_AssetID()

à FRS.Integration.Transformation.SQLTransformer.TransformData(SyncDef syncDef, IConnector targetConnector, Delegate assetLoggerCallback, Int32& rowCount, Int32& failedCount, CancellationToken token, DataTable computerTable, SQLDataContainer sourceContainer)

à FRS.Integration.Transformation.EMTransformer.TransformBatch(SyncDef syncDef, String filter, IConnector sourceConnector, IConnector targetConnector, Delegate assetLoggerCallback, Delegate saveDataCallback, Delegate updateBatchCallback, Int32& rowCount, Int32& failedCount, CancellationToken token)

à FRS.Integration.Transformation.IntegrationManager.Sync(Object arg)

• 9. Re: issue with ISM/ IEM Data import connector
                          alouhichi2 Apprentice

Martin.Nabbs any idea about this error please ?

Thank you

• 10. Re: issue with ISM/ IEM Data import connector
                            DanielLaw Apprentice

I received the same error, hopefully can get help from someone here.

• 11. Re: issue with ISM/ IEM Data import connector
                              Jonathan.Schmidt SupportEmployee

FYI for anyone that's running across this thread due to this error.  I was able to replicate it in a lab while working another ticket and found that the field mapping was missing a mapping for the client ID.

Please be sure your field mapping includes this line:

I'd also make sure to map the Computer.DeviceName to Identity.Property.Hostname.

Other than that, the mapping above in this thread should work.

There's another thread that seems to have a more complete baseline mapping from one of our partners here and I'd suggest it as a better starting point:

How to set up EPM (Ivanti Endpoint Manager) Data Import Connection

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                              • 12. Re: issue with ISM/ IEM Data import connector
                                wynnb Apprentice

Jonathan,

Does it matter if CIs on the ISM side were originally populated through Discovery? is that a factor when building this integration? We're having trouble getting the integration to recognize CIs that are already in the list - it either does nothing (including not updating the ClientID to match the IDN), or it adds duplicate entries.

• 13. Re: issue with ISM/ IEM Data import connector
                                  Jonathan.Schmidt SupportEmployee

The client ID from the HEAT/ISM embedded discovery and EPM will be different.  The only thing I can think of that would allow EPM to update CI records originally created by HEAT Discovery would be to modify the ClientID fields in the data to match the new client ID from EPM (Comupter_Idn).  You'd have to make a mapping based on hostname somehow and you'd want to do this only after shutting down the HEAT Discovery system entirely.  If you did it before then, the HEAT Discovery client agent would check in and create either duplicates or reset the clientID to it's known value again.

2 of 2 people found this helpful