3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2018 10:48 AM by SitzRieSe

How to disable DSM controlled reboots.

Rookie

I'd like to control user reboots via a package and disable the DSM popups and control of reboots. Essentially I've built a package that runs at the end of configuration and allows the user to postpone reboot a specific number of times before forcing them to reboot. I've attempted to clear the reboot flag in the package, I've also attempted to never reboot in the infrastructure but I still seem to be getting the DSM prompts directly after my packages reboot window.

• 1. Re: How to disable DSM controlled reboots.
          SitzRieSe Expert

Hi,

you should try to find out from where the reboot is executed. You can see that in the installer log. The reason is that there a few option to control that. Firstly on the package. The option in the infractructure task is only for patch management. the last option is on the konfiguration tab in the organisation:

regards

• 2. Re: How to disable DSM controlled reboots.
            Rookie

Thanks Alexander,

The Org tab doesn't actually give an option to never reboot. It looks like the problem is coming strictly from patch management. I'm curious if there is a better way to test this other than shutting off reboots for an entire management point. What could be the cause of the DSM controlled reboot still occurring if the infrastructure option is set to never AND there are no packages requiring a reboot.

• 3. Re: How to disable DSM controlled reboots.
              SitzRieSe Expert

Hi,

please take a look in the installer log. This is the only way how you can be sure. In some cases third party installer executing a reboot beside of dsm. If a dsm base component did the reboot, you will always see that in the installer log.

In the past we used for the patchmanagement a template for a product, which should override some files. If you enable the option to override used files it will execute an reboot. We solved this to disable the reboot handling on the template, but again, you should take a look in the installer log to be sure.

In the infrastructure you will find this:

regards