5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2009 6:30 AM by Stu McNeill

7.3 Features

Apprentice

Hi all,

Is there a list of new features/fixes that will be included in the upcoming LANDesk version (7.3)?

regards,

NoGi

• 1. Re: 7.3 Features
          aparker Employee

Hi,

The LDSD Product Management team will release this closerr as soon as they are in a position to do so. There are some high level topics that have been metioned in presentations recently, but you will receive the full list in the near future.

Andy

• 2. Re: 7.3 Features
            Stu McNeill Employee

Hi,

As Andy said a full document will be available at release time however some high-level information has already been made available.  A document aimed at current customers was included in the March/April edition of the LANDesk Link email newsletter so take a look at that.  If you don't receive those newletters contact your sales/account manager and they may be able to provide it for you.  We can't post it here directly though I'm afraid.

Thanks

• 3. Re: 7.3 Features
              Rookie

Hi,

Will existing customers of 7.2.6 version be eligible for upgrades to 7.3 version of Service Desk, considering they have a valid PMA.

Considering the customers of 7.2.6 were charged for end user licenses & that 7.3 introduces free end user licensing how does this work?

Regards,

Jobin

• 4. Re: 7.3 Features
                Apprentice

I haven't seen the new product but from the information that is slowly trickling down the chain, the drop in support for 32-bit server OS for portal has me a little stumped? Our production web portal server is 64-bit (Apps server is 32-bit) but our dev server has portal,app and knowledge on the one box and is 32-bit. Does this mean that we need to rebuild Dev to 64-bit?

• 5. Re: 7.3 Features
                  Stu McNeill Employee

Hi guys,

In regards the question on 62-bit vs. 32-bit servers I've written the following document to hopefully explain!

Why is ServicePortal no longer supported on 32-bit servers from version 7.3 onwards?

In regards to the end user licencing this isn't something I could help with I'm afraid, my best advice would be to contact your sales/account manager.