2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2015 7:27 AM by John Neighbors

Colors no longer working correctly in Calendar after upgrade

MRitte Apprentice

I just upgraded a client from 9.0 to 2015.2 HF1.  Everything went flawlessly.

I thought.  I heard from them today that the colors on the calendar are no longer behaving the way they did before the upgrade. 

For example.  I look at this week for a user.  All activities are default of Blue.  I move to the next wee and everything is now Yellow.  I go back to the first week and they are now all Yellow.

If I close GoldMine and log back in and look at the calendar again they are now Blue.  Until I switch to another week.

Anyone else seen this and do you know if there is a fix.  I will submit a ticket for this also.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Colors no longer working correctly in Calendar after upgrade
          PJohns Apprentice

There have been a couple of issue with this the first a while back required a fix in the backend SQL tables. This required a script to be run

- Make sure to have a full running backup of the actual database
          - Please log all users out and shut down all GoldMine related processes like GoldSync
          - In MS SQL Server Management Studio
          - Browse to the GoldMine database
          - New Query button
          - Make sure in the Database drop down the GoldMine database is selected
          - Copy and Paste the following query

Update CAL set APPTUSER ='          ' where
          (APPTUSER is null or len(APPTUSER)=0)
          and USERID <> '' and RECTYPE in ('A','C','O','T')

NB: the query ONLY updates Appointments, Calls, Other and Next Actions, so e.g. it does not update messages etc. if this would be really necessary the additional rectypes can / need be added to the Rectype in clause

If the issue still exists then it is an underlying environmental setting in the SQL Server but this time not for CAL->APPTUSER but for CONTHIST ->RECTYPE .

[WORKAROUND]

MAKE SURE TO HAVE A FULL RUNNING BACKUP OF THE GOLDMINE DATABASE BEFORE APPLYING ANY STEP OF THE BELOW WORKAROUND!!!

1. Change the RECTYPE column to char(10) – ALTER TABLE CONTHIST ALTER COLUMN RECTYPE char(10)
          2. Re-index the CONTHIST table through Database Maintenance in GoldMine
          3. Change the APPTUSER column back to varchar(10) – ALTER TABLE CONTHIST ALTER COLUMN RECTYPE varchar(10)
          4. Re-index the CONTHIST table through Database Maintenance in GoldMine

• 2. Re: Colors no longer working correctly in Calendar after upgrade
            John Neighbors Expert

I believe this issue and resolution is reported in HEAT Software's Self Service Knowledge Article #14195, presuming you have access to their Knowledge Base?

Knowledge Article #14195