There have been a couple of issue with this the first a while back required a fix in the backend SQL tables. This required a script to be run
- Make sure to have a full running backup of the actual database
- Please log all users out and shut down all GoldMine related processes like GoldSync
- In MS SQL Server Management Studio
- Browse to the GoldMine database
- New Query button
- Make sure in the Database drop down the GoldMine database is selected
- Copy and Paste the following query
Update CAL set APPTUSER =' ' where
(APPTUSER is null or len(APPTUSER)=0)
and USERID <> '' and RECTYPE in ('A','C','O','T')
NB: the query ONLY updates Appointments, Calls, Other and Next Actions, so e.g. it does not update messages etc. if this would be really necessary the additional rectypes can / need be added to the Rectype in clause
If the issue still exists then it is an underlying environmental setting in the SQL Server but this time not for CAL->APPTUSER but for CONTHIST ->RECTYPE .
MAKE SURE TO HAVE A FULL RUNNING BACKUP OF THE GOLDMINE DATABASE BEFORE APPLYING ANY STEP OF THE BELOW WORKAROUND!!!
1. Change the RECTYPE column to char(10) – ALTER TABLE CONTHIST ALTER COLUMN RECTYPE char(10)
2. Re-index the CONTHIST table through Database Maintenance in GoldMine
3. Change the APPTUSER column back to varchar(10) – ALTER TABLE CONTHIST ALTER COLUMN RECTYPE varchar(10)
4. Re-index the CONTHIST table through Database Maintenance in GoldMine
I believe this issue and resolution is reported in HEAT Software's Self Service Knowledge Article #14195, presuming you have access to their Knowledge Base?
Knowledge Article #14195