2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2016 9:52 AM by John Neighbors

Notes Tab (GM Prem V 9.0.2.36)

dennisf1 Rookie

How do I delete all comments in notes tab (GM Prem V 9.0.2.36), Need to start fresh notes of specific contacts due to lengthy time delay (large notes file) to open notes tab. I don't see instructions that show how I can create a new, 2nd notes tab so that I can save the original notes in Word before removing the original notes tab.

• 1. Re: Notes Tab (GM Prem V 9.0.2.36)
          Shaul.Bel Apprentice

Before deleting do a Backup of the notes table by running

Select  * into [Notes_Backup]  from NOTES

next run

delete from Notes

The 2 queries have to be run within Sql Server Management Studio.

You can't set second Tab of Notes but you may be able to create a Dashboard of the backedup Notes table.

• 2. Re: Notes Tab (GM Prem V 9.0.2.36)
            John Neighbors Expert

Shaul's response is spot on, if you want to blank out ALL notes in your GoldMine.

With reference to your statement of:  Need to start fresh notes of specific contacts

Then you might want to add a WHERE clause to both of his suggested statements.  After "from NOTES" in each case, you might say:

...from NOTES where accountno in ('aaa','bbb','ccc')

where aaa, bbb, ccc and so on, are the accountnos of the records you wish to BLANK OUT the Notes tab on.

Or,  you might leave this off the "SELECT * INTO" statement, just to backup ALL NOTES, but then INCLUDE the WHERE clause, as needed, on the DELETE statement to truly BLANK out the notes for ONLY certain contact records.

Hope this feedback helps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful