3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2016 10:29 AM by MRitte

Emergency!!!!

MRitte Apprentice

This is a followup to my other post about merging two companies together into a single GoldMine.

I have copied Company 2 database and have added it to Company 1 GoldMine.  I can open Company 2 database and see the basic Contact data just fine (Contact1,2, Hist, Supp). 

However, I can not see any of the GoldDir data as GoldMine only allows you to point to a single GoldDir. 

My challenge right now is to be able to view emails from Company 2.  They are in their own mailbox table and I can not point to it.

I tried to do a test insert of a single contact record for mailbox records but got an error about 'cannot insert due to non-unique MBXRECID.  I had a feeling I would run into this issue.

Any suggestions on how I can either view both mailbox tables in my system or how I can insert Company 2 mailbox data into Company 1 mailbox data?

I tried creating a new user and putting CommonDir and GoldDir pointing to Company 2.  But that opened the CommonDir correctly but defaulted to the system GoldDir which is Company 1. 

I want to do what is easiest.  I don't have to do a merge if there is a way to see this data some other way.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Emergency!!!!
          Shaul.Bel Apprentice

You can try running a query like

insert into database1.dbo.mailbox MA select * from database2.dbo.mailbox MB  where MB.recid

not in (select recid from database1.dbo.mailbox) and XXXXXX

replace the xxxxx with some other conditions that will exclude the inserting of duplicate of mailbox records that already exists.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Emergency!!!!
            Doug Castell Expert

this technique, applied to the various other 'golddir' tables, could be a way forward for your situation.  You'd have to be very careful about tables like mailbox and cal where things like begboard records, gmviews, etc. reside.  Avoiding duplication of those could be troublesome.

Beyond that approach, though, you might consider simply using SYNC to ferry the stuff over.

• 3. Re: Emergency!!!!
              MRitte Apprentice

Turned out to be an easy solution.  Because the main database was actually a copy of the other database (a long time ago) I was getting the dups.  So I simply kept running my query based on the date created and I was able to find the time period when there were no dups.  So I reran the insert from that date forward and no errors.

All of your suggestions were good to document and remember for the future.  Thank you