3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2016 11:54 AM by maxtyack

Limit Forecasted Sales Dashboard to Logged In User

RGodfr Apprentice

I have a customer that is using the Forecasted Sales Dashboard with some minor modifications for their inside sales team.  They are now rolling out GoldMine to contracted outside sales personnel and would like to limit the data viewed in the Forecasted Sales Dashboard.

We already have record curtaining in place and have configured each users properties to only enable access to their activities.  However, as I expected, this does not limit the data displayed in the dashboard.

Has anyone else tackled a scenario like this before and developed a good solution?  Is there a way to pass the logged in username to the data source predefined search criteria?

• 1. Re: Limit Forecasted Sales Dashboard to Logged In User
          John Neighbors Expert

I don't have a "good" answer for you, as I'd like to know if there's a more practical way to do this than what I'm about to share.  However, as a "worst case" answer:

If each GM login ID was configured to use a SQL login by the SAME NAME (vs. all GM users sharing the same SQL login as MOST of our clients are setup to do), then you could...

Within the actual SQL query itself, for any applicable DATA SOURCE used in the dashboard in question, you could simply have the where clause of the SQL Query say something like this (note ca is an alias for the CAL table, in this example):

AND ca.userid = system_user

system_user is a special SQL function that returns the SQL login currently in use.  We only have a small # of GoldMine clients that assign distinct SQL logins (matching their GM user ID) to each GM user ID, but this would work very well for any of THOSE particular GoldMine clients.

Again, far from ideal and probably NOT what you're looking for, but I thought I'd share on the off chance it proved to meet the need.

Hope this feedback helps.

• 3. Re: Limit Forecasted Sales Dashboard to Logged In User
            maxtyack Apprentice

It would be very useful if GoldMine had a <<CURRENT_USER>> type of macro. As someone who designs dashboards for my customers, I get asked about this a lot. Thanks John for your solution, at least there is a workaround.

While we are at it, I wish there were a similar macro that could "get" the accountno of the current contact record being displayed in the background, to be used as a dashboard parameter.

1 of 1 people found this helpful