Ignore the mail envelope symbols that have been auto-inserted in my question above, nothing to do with me, they weren't in what I posted.
2 of 2 people found this helpful
Not sure if this feedback will help or not?!?!?
I just tested your scenario with GM PE 2015.2 Hotfix 2 and did NOT experience what you describe. That is, it did NOT use the email address as the "display name" without quotes. Rather, it left off any "display name" altogether and simply had the email address within the <> symbols.
I even "received" the email on a non-GM email system and viewed the header info behind the scenes and it did NOT exhibit any "display name" or ill formatting whatsoever.
So, if GM is truly the "culprit" in your situation, then it may be because of version 126.96.36.199 and an upgrade to a newer version might prove one solution.
Just thought I would test and share. Hope this feedback helps.
3 of 3 people found this helpful
Unfortunately John is correct. The only solution is to upgrade GoldMine. I fought this problem at a couple of clients and the problem went away when we upgraded. Based on the testing I performed, it appeared to start happening when the newer versions of Exchange were released. Everything worked fine with Exchange 2003 and the problems started appearing with Exchange 2007 and later. I did not do any extensive testing to determined which end caused the problem, just that it was resolved with a newer version of GoldMine.
I hope this helps.
Many thanks both of you, it all makes sense.