Correct me if I am wrong, but distant memory tells me that in your version of GM (at least in 5.5) there was a Master User named "Master" -which either came with a default empty or blank password, or was "master" -- Jill or some of the GM techs should know this. Well, at least it's a thought.
the default password should be access.
I'm focusing on this statement "got all new computer settings". What is all new? Did the IP address scheme change? Did you migrate from a workgroup to a domain? Do you have a new user login and password? Since it's obvious your environment changed, I think taking a good hard look at what changed is the key to solving your problem. Talk to the guys who made the change and get details.
In my experience, when AT&T or any of the other service providers send in their "expert" techs to switch out DSL modems or other equipment bad things happen. They'll deny it and they won't fix it, but it's always their fault.
Get on the phone and start getting some answers.
Your GoldMine password is separate from any of your computer/network logins/passwords.
Either they changed your GoldMine passwords or did something to your GoldMine that modified your users database tables, or you have simply forgotten your passwords. There are ways to overwrite the current users database tables in GoldMine and restore the defaults, which would then require you to recreate all the user accounts.
You don't have to rewrite the whole user table. I have a sql query that will replace the master user password back to the default then you can get into GM as MASTER and redo everyone's passwords.
I just don't want to post the sql query here for just anyone to use.
So email me and let me know and I shall send it to you.
GoldMine 5.7 was a dbase databse, not SQL.
Ok so we have to do a little more work. Please contact me.
I can take your 5.7 dbase user files and rehost into SQL, fix the password and then rehost back to dbase and return your files.
I will need to know exactly what version/build of GM so I can make sure I have a working one in my lab.
GoldMine 4.00.811 was the first public SQL-capable version of GoldMine. 5.7 was entirely SQL capable.
But if his license begins with D and not E, I can't do it on her system.
If it is E, then I highly suggest he rehost all of GM to SQL. Then my query will work on his system.
So Crystal, what is your license number start with? You will see that on your splash page when you try to log into GM as well as the version/build.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Several things here. Before doing all of the work to rehost, you might want to check, but I believe that in version 5.x, the users table was not hosted in SQL but was still a dbase file. I'm thinking the SQL hosting of users happened in a much later version, but I could be wrong as my memory from 14 years ago is a bit rusty. At this point, I cannot test because I do not have ready access to a 32-bit machine with SQL 2000 client tools installed (which I believe was required for the BDE SQL interface). The easiest solution would be to take a clean users table (which I can provide as I am a GoldMine pack rat) and rename master to master2 using br7. Then using br7, import that table into the existing users table. You can then log in as master2 and reset the master password and delete master2 if desired.
But most importantly, does Crystal still have the issue as we have not heard anything from her since the original post.
2 of 2 people found this helpful
users.* was dBase in GoldMine 5.7, regardless of whether or not one used the SQL or dBase back-end for the rest of the data.
To break into your GoldMine, just:
1. Make a backup of your users.* files (users.DBF, users.MDF and users.DBT)
2. Acquire the same files from a default install of GoldMine (or an old backup)
3. Replace your current users files with the old/default ones.
4. Login to GoldMine with the MASTER/ACCESS username/password combo.
5. While in GoldMine, replace the default users files with your REAL users files.
6. Still logged into GoldMine, go to File|Configure|Users settings
7. Select the MASTER user and go to it's properties
8. Change the password.
9. Hit OK.
Good one Doug, I didn't think you could change the user files while in GM. I figured they would have a lock on them
So do what Doug said.