8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2016 9:12 AM by JErste

Creating detail from custom detail tab makes UPPERCASE cs.contsupref value

paullaufer Apprentice

This is very odd and started at a client about a week ago out of the blue.

They have many detail types with custom tabs and fields defined. All of the details that have a custom tab are having this problem. I will use "Employer" detail as an example.

1) Create a new Employer detail while on the Details tab and a new Employer detail is created. The name of the detail is "Employer" (Proper Case). When I say "name" I mean the value in cs.contact = 'Employer'

2) Create a new Employer detail wile on the custom Employer tab and a new EMPLOYER detail is created. The name of the detail is "EMPLOYER" (UPPER Case). When I say "name" I mean the value in cs.contact = 'EMPLOYER'

I can detect no changes in the contsupp rectype = 'H' records. They have not changed.

I can detect no changes in the lookup records where FIELDNAME like 'MPROFHEAD%'

There is nothing new or seemingly related in any USER.INI or GM.INI

A search of all INI files in the GoldMine folder shows no instance of uppercase 'EMPLOYER'

Called FR support (thanks Marie) and ended up deciding that next step would be to run SQL Profiler and see if we can look at the SQL GoldMine is generating to see if there's anything odd. Am waiting for an off-hours opportunity to do such.

GoldMine version is 2014.1.0.440

I would greatly appreciate to hear from anyone who may have experienced this... or if you have any ideas about where to look.

Thanks,

Paul