4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2016 2:13 PM by BJeffe

Does anyone know how to access mapped drives through iGoldMine?

BJeffe Apprentice

In iGoldMine Cluster Manager under the Tools menu Client Access tab you can select Drives. It's my understanding that the setting adds the drive(s) as a mapped drive in the local Windows Explorer however this does not seem to work as the drives don't show up any place that I can see. I recently upgraded a client to v2015.1 after a Windows update crashed their iGM v9.2.  In the the prior version I was able to publish a folder pointing to a mapped drive but I can't get it to work in the later version. Thanks to anyone who can help..

• 1. Re: Does anyone know how to access mapped drives through iGoldMine?
          KSimps Apprentice

Bob,

The Client Access tab determines what local drive letters you have access to in your iGoldMine session.  By default, when you check the Drives checkbox, iGoldMine will map your local C drive to the iGoldMine M drive, D will be mapped to N, and any mapped drives you have on your local PC will also be mapped (i.e. if you have a G drive mapped, it will become the iGoldMine O drive).  When you place drive letters in the field below the Drives checkbox, that will hide your local drives.  If you place a C in the box, your local C drive will not be mapped to iGoldMine and your D drive will then be the M drive in iGoldMine.  With that being said, if you are want to have your iGoldMine session have access to it's own mapped drives, that needs to be configured under the Session Startup tab, Login scripts section.  I normally use the Global Logon Script and point it to a batch file on the iGoldMine server where I have my drives mapped through normal net use commands.  If you had access to mapped drives in the earlier iGoldMine, I suspect that you lost the logon script when you upgraded.

I hope that helps.

• 2. Re: Does anyone know how to access mapped drives through iGoldMine?
            BJeffe Apprentice

Thanks for the reply Kevin.

The only time see the iGM drives is when I launch an app like Word or Excel and then open or save a document.

Previously, in the iGM window,  I had a folder with a path to a mapped drive - my customers could click it and brows the content of that drive and launch documents, etc. I think this is a restriction in Windows 10.

• 3. Re: Does anyone know how to access mapped drives through iGoldMine?
              KSimps Apprentice

Have you tried publishing Windows Explorer on the server (c:\windows\explorer.exe) and then setting the Start Directory to the path they need?

• 4. Re: Does anyone know how to access mapped drives through iGoldMine?
                BJeffe Apprentice

Thanks again Kevin.

That will work.