2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2010 2:33 PM by delliott

Scheduled Tasks error: "This folder structure contains tasks that you either cannot see or delete"

Rookie

Hi,

I'm currently on LDMS 8.8 SP2, with the database on a separate SQL server, and have upgraded from 8.7 SP4 last year and probably from a previous version before that.

My issue is I have 2 folders that I can't delete or move, I get the following error:

"This folder structure contains tasks that you either cannot see or delete.  Contact your LANDesk administrator for more information"

Scheduled tasks error.gif

There are no tasks in these folders, although a while ago there were tasks that I moved to a different folder and at least 1 of  the taks I made common.  Also, trying to decipher this error and fix the problem, I deleted those tasks since they weren't needed anymore anyway but I still cannot delete these folders.  I'm not aware of any other tasks that would have been in these folders.  Is there a way I can remove these folders via SQL or some other creative way?

Thanks,

Dan

• 1. Re: Scheduled Tasks error: "This folder structure contains tasks that you either cannot see or delete"
          JSMCPN Expert

It's a task ownership issue.  I've noticed that if I create a task, then put it in Common Tasks, and another user ever starts that task, THEY become the owner (KINDA).

If you get properties on that common task, the owner will show as YOURSELF grayed out, but when you UNCHECK the "Show in Common Tasks" box, you'll notice the owner changes to the person who last ran the task.

At this point, set the owner back to yourself, and RE-CHECK the "Show In Common Tasks" box and click SAVE.  The task will reappear somewhere in the folder structure you are trying to delete!

So, this is a lot of work depending on how many tasks are causing the problem, but click "ALL TASKS" and sort the list by owner.  Set yourself as the owner on all of them using the procedure above, all your tasks will reappear in the undeletable folder.  Move them all somewhere else (I created a _COMMONTASKS folder in my tasks to keep everything organized) and now you can delete your undeletable folder!

• 2. Re: Scheduled Tasks error: "This folder structure contains tasks that you either cannot see or delete"
            Rookie

Another old ticket I forgot to update and close...

I called support on this one and found that the database had some corruption.  It wasn't that the task was assigned to a different user.  I don't quite remember if we were able to run some SQL commands to fix this, but I ended up getting a new server and migrating our environment to a new clean SQL 2008 database.