12 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2016 5:27 PM by Doug Castell

Open a mail is very slow

fsigu Rookie

I have a problem, i have goldmine 8.5.2.9, in email center, when the user select an email and when a user clicks on an email, it takes a long time to open this email.

This prblem beginning 2 days ago, and i do not know how resolve this problem. My users lose time trying to read an email.

I delete de configuration user .ini an set de account again but i do not have result.

How i can resolve this problem, any configuration in user account? Or some recommended maintenance?

I have sql server 2008 sp2. My size of my database is 8GB. Maybe i need create other database??,

thank you

• 1. Re: Open a mail is very slow
          Doug Castell Expert

try right-clicking on an e-mail in the e-mail center and selecting Options->Sync Contact.  Verify this option is OFF.

• 2. Re: Open a mail is very slow
            fsigu Rookie

Tahanks, but i do not have this option in Option Menu

Only i have

Show Preview

SetUp E-mail rules

Customize Email Templtes

SetUp Distribution List

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39103241/gold1.PNG

Thanks

• 3. Re: Open a mail is very slow
              SStoec Apprentice

Fernando, Doug means that you should right-click on an e-mail

that's already inside the light-blue GoldMine inbox.

The user will also find that the GoldMine works far better

if the e-mail is first retrieved into the light-blue GoldMine

inbox *before* attempting to work with that particular piece of e-mail.

• 4. Re: Open a mail is very slow
                JMessi Apprentice

I have seen this happening because the mailbox attachment folder isn't broken down to be in year/month order. 

Make sure all users have this option changed in their email center.

This is caused just like if you go windows explorer and you then click on a folder that has LOTS of files in it, it takes a long time to get the window to show all the contents.  Same is the issue with Mailbox Attach folder, if all attachments are under that one folder it could cause GM to be slow opening emails even if they don't have attachments to them. 

So to cure this you would go to Tools-Options-Email-Accounts-Retrieval tab.  Down at the bottom is check box for Organize attachments in a folder by received date year. and then Further organize attachments in a folder by received date month.

You can't move the others without some SQL work to let GM know you have moved them. 

If there are very old attachments in that mailbox attach folder, you could zip up the old ones by year.  That way you still have them on the system, but they would be in a zip file.  I use to do this before they came up with the filing by year/month system. 

You could also clean up that folder by deleting images and jpeg files that are useless, like icons for Facebook or images like lines etc.  That saves space on the server as well.

• 5. Re: Open a mail is very slow
                  fsigu Rookie

thanks Steck Stoecklin  for your answer,  But I am not clear what you refer me, What is the correct process to use the email center?, the  users should always do a get all on the account in online secction to move the mails to inbox??

Maybe any manual for the corect configuration and use the email center??

• 6. Re: Open a mail is very slow
                    fsigu Rookie

Tanks Jill Messier yes i have check this options

Organize attachments in a folder by receiving user and

Organize attachments in a folder by received date year.

Today I check the organize by month too, I hopefully this will fix the problem

now how i cant tell to GM that the attachment is moved?

When the user need check the old mais if i move the attachment i think that will be very slow read this mail or not?

Any other recomendation ??

• 7. Re: Open a mail is very slow
                      SStoec Apprentice

Fernando, one way to do it is to have the users do a get all, yes.   There are also ways to have GoldMine auto-retrieve all the online e-mail, and delete what's online so that the same piece of e-mail is not retreived over and over.

• 8. Re: Open a mail is very slow
                        fsigu Rookie

Steck Stoecklin where i can set this accion, set auto-retrieve and delete  from de online?

Tanks

I try with the tips of jill, but i do not have ok results.

O have another problem, when i click in the history tab for a contact, to show the history si very very slow, and in many times, the goldmine y crash. y have this error

Goldmine for windows dejo e funcionar

Firma con problemas:

Nombre del evento de problema: APPCRASH

Nombre de la aplicación: gmw.exe

Versión de la aplicación: 8.5.2.9

Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 4b27db50

Nombre del módulo con errores: OLEAUT32.dll

Versión del módulo con errores: 6.1.7600.16385

Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores: 4a5bdaca

I do not know how i can review if i have any problems in the data??

• 9. Re: Open a mail is very slow
                          BJeffe Apprentice

Is this happing to all users or only one user?

What changed in your environment 2 days age - new software - Windows updates?

What about your Antivirus program - have you checked to see if that is causing an issue?

• 10. Re: Open a mail is very slow
                            fsigu Rookie

Yes i check the antivirus, but is not the problem, i have the problem with all users

Thanks

• 11. Re: Open a mail is very slow
                              BJeffe Apprentice

What about the server free space?  Has the SQL log file grown so large that it is using up all the free space and cramping swap space action in memory and on the hard drive?

• 12. Re: Open a mail is very slow
                                Doug Castell Expert

I think you should have a GoldMine consultant take a look at your system.  It sounds like there is more than one setting / option / thing wrong here.