6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2016 12:13 PM by JMessi

Setting up multiple email accounts for a user

MRitte Apprentice

I want to setup a user with multiple email accounts.  So they would have their main account and say a generic [email protected] account.  I want each account to have a different signature file. 

In the email account settings I have the ability to assign a different smtp server to each account and a different signature file if I want.

I assumed that when I go to send an email to a contact that when I pick the email address in the from pulldown that it would use the settings associated with that account and use that signature file.  But it does not work.

I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if this just doesn't work.

Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  This is the latest version of GMPE.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Setting up multiple email accounts for a user
          JJGearhart Apprentice

I believe you will have to set up separate templates and then just choose the correct template in the subject drop-down menu after selecting the email account.

• 2. Re: Setting up multiple email accounts for a user
            BJeffe Apprentice

Mark,

Does the sig file work for the primary account?

If so then I would agree that the feature just does not work as expected for additional accounts and Jon's suggestion is the best work around.

• 3. Re: Setting up multiple email accounts for a user
              MRitte Apprentice

I actually got it to work.  I didn't want to make the user have to pick the template manually.  That is an error waiting to happen.

By testing scenarios I discovered that you can not have a default template assigned and have a sig file at the same time.  When I did that my GoldMine crashed when I hit send.

So I put the default email templates back to None for New and Reply.  Then I created the signature files and added them to each account in the user's options. 

It worked.

• 4. Re: Setting up multiple email accounts for a user
                3cubed Apprentice

Hi Mark,

I've used the signature files in conjunction with email templates for customers.  I just inserted the signature file into the email template, which adds the following code:

<<sigfile>>

So you can have different email templates for New, Reply and Forward but the footer of each template includes the signature file for the specific email account.

• 5. Re: Setting up multiple email accounts for a user
                  paullaufer Apprentice

And another option is to use the <<file:>> expression at the bottom of your template(s). I use this on my GoldMine that I use for Toastmasters. It checks the field UTMRECORD for Yes and if so uses my Toastmasters signature, otherwise it uses my regular one.

<<file: contact2->utmrecord = "Yes" ?C:\ProgramData\GoldMine\SigFiles\Toastmasters-Area-Director.txt>>

<<file: empty(contact2->utmrecord) .or. upper(contact2->utmrecord) = "NO" ?C:\ProgramData\GoldMine\SigFiles\paul.sig>>

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Setting up multiple email accounts for a user
                    JMessi Apprentice

Hey Paul I like your idea.  Since I work for a few GoldMine var's.  I have to keep right mouse and change the corret email online to be the default.

And you can guess sometimes I forget and the client gets the wrong var from.

I am going to test yours.