3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 5:19 PM by jst.jdennis@gmail.com

Is it possible to add a date range filter in a GoldMine Dashboard?

SusanSiegler Rookie

I have created several dashboards for tracking/reporting purposes.  I need to be able to pull some weekly activity numbers and last week was one of those weeks that run over two months, so I had to drill down to August to get the results from Mon-Wed and then repeat by drilling down to September for Thurs-Fri.  Is there any way to add a date range search to my Dashboards?

• 1. Re: Is it possible to add a date range filter in a GoldMine Dashboard?
          DCastell Expert

You could accomplish this in a number of different ways -- all of them would involve smart design of your dashboard(s). 

You could add an expression to the select list in your data source to show the week number and sort/filter the columns by those values.

Here's an example of usage:

select userid, ondate, datepart(wk,ondate) as weeknumber, ref from conthist where ondate>getdate()-90

You could populate a dropdown with all the distinct week numbers and then use that as a runtime parameter you pass to the data source of your table view... 

Lots of options, but it all starts with using the week number in the where expression of your data source, somehow.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Is it possible to add a date range filter in a GoldMine Dashboard?
            BFranc Rookie

To add a Start Date and an End Date, you'd have to follow these general steps:

1. Add two Date Picker fields to your dashboard.  These will be your Start Date and End Date.
            2. Add two Runtime Parameters to your data source for Start Date and End Date.  Note: Your data source has to have a specific date field for this to work.  The Start Date would set the date field to greater than or equal.  The End Date would set the date field to less than or equal.
            3. Add two Events to your dashboard that update the data based on the runtime parameters that match the Start Date value in the date picker with the Start Date runtime parameter and the End Date value with the End Date runtime parameter.
            2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Is it possible to add a date range filter in a GoldMine Dashboard?
              jst.jdennis@gmail.com Rookie

Both answers are good options.  I would lean towards adding the date pickers, though.  I do custom dashboard development.  Contact me if you need some help.  I do a free initial consultation.

Kind regards,

-Jeremy