Good day (or evening as the case may be),
Goldmine has recently stopped updating the links to attachments when one of our users moves the file from one location to another. I'll explain in more detail.
Here is the process in which users see this happen:
- A user scans a document from one of our copier machines (it's a Konica Minolta C554e if that makes any difference, I tend not to think so). The scan is sent to the email from the copier as our users emails are programmed into the copier
- When the user receives the message from the machine they then link the email to the desired Contact
- Once linked, the file is moved from their personal/private folder to one that is more public and other users are able to see the file (theoretically)
- The user then clicks on the "Fast File" at the top of the screen
This is where everything seems to fall apart. Before exiting the email I checked several times and with multiple different files to make sure that the link is changing within the email. However, when the user looks at the message under the "History" tab in the Contacts section there is no attachment whatsoever. When the email is viewed in the browser it shows that the message is still looking for the attachment in the original location. In a desperate act I even tried seeing if there would be a difference between scanning the document from the glass or the feeding tray, obviously the outcome was the same. This error is a new problem for my company. However, when the following occur (still using the steps above) there are no errors and Goldmine updates the links to the attachments as it should:
- The user is attaching a file that is created on the PC rather than a scanned document
- The user is scanning a document from our other copier (it is a Konica Minolta C552 again I don't think that this should make a difference?)
Any information regarding the situation would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I didn't explain well enough what is going on here just ask what further information would be needed from my side.