3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2016 9:31 AM by DCastell

Kiosk display of dashboards.

drychlik Rookie

I am looking to display a progression of dashboards on a TV monitor in my office. How do I publish the information to a kiosk?

• 1. Re: Kiosk display of dashboards.
          DCastell Expert

GoldMine hasn't got the functionality to cycle through dashboards without user intervention. 

Also, given that Dashboards are a somewhat interactive medium (users actively select filtering criteria, options, etc.) it might be simplest to screenshot a handful of dashboards and then have a common tool like windows media player cycle though those screenshots in full-screen-mode. 

Of course, those screenshots would be progressively out-of-date...

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Kiosk display of dashboards.
            drychlik Rookie

Thank you for the response, Doug. It's not the answer I hoped for, but at least I can stop searching for the impossible. I will need to look inito other options.

• 3. Re: Kiosk display of dashboards.
              DCastell Expert

Giving a bit more thought to this, you might be able to combine GoldMine's ability to record a keyboard/mouse macro with a stand-alone scripting/automation tool like Auto-It that could potentially tell GoldMine to run Macro X every few minutes.  That way, you could have a dedicated monitor logged in as GoldMine User X displaying a dashboard that gets flip-flopped for a different one every now and then. 

It would, of course, take up a GoldMine license, but I think it would be possible.