In the Activity List, if you right click and choose Options and then View is Sync Contact checked?
I tried changing this setting, but it made no difference. Oh well.
This information is available in Knowledge Article 21748 available at support.heatsoftware.com and logging in:
- Log out of GoldMine
- Navigate to Server GoldMine root directory
- Find desired username.ini file example GoldMine login ID is Todd the ini file will be called Todd.ini (or your username and the icon looks like a piece of paper with a gear on it).
- Double click to open it
- Find the entry that says: editwhendblclick=0
- Change this to read: editwhendblclick=1 (NOTE: you may have to create this entry if it doesn't exist. See A) below)
- Close the file and save when prompted.
- Have the user log back into GoldMine.
A) If EditWhenDblClick= entry cannot be found please find the header section of [CalObj] and add the entry.
1= GoldMine will open the object for editing
0= GoldMine will open the contact
B) This is a new functionality with GoldMine premium Edition, and not controlled by the user interface so must be configured manually via the user's ini file.
C) This controls behavior in the Activity List and Calendar.
NOTE: Please see KM article 11279 for changing this back to opening the contact record when double-clicking on an activity
Thank you for that response Jason but that doesn't accomplish what I'm trying to do. With your solution, when you double click an activity line item, the activity opens for editing .. see below.
What I really want to happen is when double clicking the line item in activity list, the following happens ..
This happened always until about three days ago .. I'm stumped !
I know it's an extra click, but the work around for Messages is 'Right Click > Read'.
I would suggest replacing their .ini file with an older backup of when it worked.
As a test, rename their .ini file and log back in with a fresh .ini file to see if it works now. I suspect their .ini file has issues.