A customer recently asked if it was possible to link social media web addresses to additional contacts and so we wrote a quick utility to do that very thing.
- You can use it for social media links, or for any other websites that relate to particular contacts. Each site can be marked as being Personal or Company.
- It will only recognise website links that it itself has created, but those links may also be called from GoldMine in the usual way.
- It floats over other windows and minimises to the system tray.
- GoldMine must be running when you start it.
- It automatically updates to the currently selected primary or additional contact; to show the primary contact just make sure that no additional contact is selected by moving off the additional contacts tab.
- A list of common social media sites is included in the 'Description' field but you're not limited to these - you can just type your own description.
We hope it will prove useful!
Many thanks to Joe Erste (see below) for helping me track down a particularly elusive bug.