3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2017 11:53 AM by SPring

GMPlus not launching MS Word

SPring Rookie

I have a single workstation that when merging a word template will not launch word.  If word is already open then the merge will succeed. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything other than MS office (2007).

Next idea was to do a manual uninstall of GMPlus for Word.  Is there a list of all the registry locations?  Or does anyone have an alternate suggestion I can try.

• 1. Re: GMPlus not launching MS Word
          roygriffiths Rookie

We can't really proceed without knowing the version of GoldMine you are running.  Please publish that first.

• 2. Re: GMPlus not launching MS Word
            RSanch Rookie

I've run into this quite often with Office programs trying to use Goldmine. Your best bet is to uninstall GM Addins from control panel and remove from registry, I  delete the following for all Outlook, word, and excel issues.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\FrontRange Solutions\GoldMine\vstoinstalled

Once removed, reboot - then re-install the GM Addins. Next, run a reg file. The below will only work for Office 2007. Just open a note pad, paste, and save as a .reg then run it. It would be best to take a backup of your current registry before running just to be safe.

"OPEN"="/A \"GMPlusOffice2007.UserDefinedFunctions\""

• 3. Re: GMPlus not launching MS Word
              SPring Rookie

Thank you, Raven.  I had resolved my issue by basically doing full and deep uninstall of office.  Ugly solution but functional.  Next time I will try this first.