4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2017 8:05 AM by PJohns

How to over-ride Duplicate email?

lawhittle Rookie

Does anyone know how to change the email setting to over-ride so that I CAN create duplicated?  I use GM differently than it was intended, we create duplicate records for an organization where there is one main contact representing multiple contacts.

• 1. Re: How to over-ride Duplicate email?
          John Neighbors Expert

From our internal KB:

To accept duplicate E-mail addresses, set the following in the primary GM.ini file located in the main GoldMine folder on the server:

[GoldMine]

AllowDupEmails=1

NOTE:

0 is the default.

Word of caution:

Be prepared for some fallout.  When sending and/or receiving emails, they may not "attach" to the desired record, if you allow and have duplicate email addresses.

Hope this feedback helps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to over-ride Duplicate email?
            Doug Castell Expert

In the current version of GoldMine, this global setting is available to master users under Tools|Configure|System Settings|Advanced tab.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How to over-ride Duplicate email?
              JDymon Apprentice

This is a good reason to use the Relationships Tree/Org Chart feature of GoldMine.
              I would not recommend duplicating emails, it will lead to more headaches than its worth.

• 4. Re: How to over-ride Duplicate email?
                PJohns Apprentice

Lauren, don't do it. Jerome is correct it will give you trouble. If a duplicate email exists emails will only attach to the first one that was created. So if the email is from the contact on record A it may only link to the contact on Record B. I do understand your approach but you may need to find an alternative such as Relationships. Or maybe even Record types where you mark a different looking record as the primary contact. I hope you get this sorted.