3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2009 6:57 AM by aparker

process from category

Jeff.Johnston Rookie

I have created a new process that automatically adds tasks to an incident.

Is it possible to get an incident to move from its current process to the new process by categorizing it in a certain way?

• 1. Re: process from category
          aparker Employee

Hi Jeff,

I'm slightly confused about the question here, but if what you're asking is 'Can I swap main processes automatically?' then at the moment, that's not possible. You can only swap processes manually and only when the process design allows this to happen.

Andy

• 2. Re: process from category
            Jeff.Johnston Rookie

I'll try and make this a bit clearer.

Before a new member of staff starts work our HR department completes a web form that is emailed to our service desk notifing us of the new start.  This emails is picked up by service desk and a new incident is created using our main incident process.  What I would like to happen is that when the incident is categorised in a certain way (Add > New Starter) that a new process is then used to automaticaly create and add tasks to the incident.

Is there a way to move the incident from the main process to the new process? Or should/can the main process be edited to add the task on identifying the catergories? Or even should the emails from the web forms be sent to a different email address that uses the new process?

Clear as mud!

Cheers,

Jeff

• 3. Re: process from category
              aparker Employee

Hi Jeff,

Actually from what you have described there a few ways that I would go about solving this. The least effort one, is to create that specific process to handle the new starter and link it to a new email address. This means that when HR create the request they will send it to an account that starts the process that you want to run specifically and it doesn't go anywhwere near your standard incident process. It will still get a reference number within the Incident domain.

If you don't want to do that then we can use the process design to create the new starter process as a child of the standard Incident process. You can create a condition that tests for the selection of the category and if that has been selected then automatically creates the new process and copies the information from the standard incident it could then just close the normal incident.

Andy

1 of 1 people found this helpful