Have a customer on GoldMine 2017 Premium and their emails get marked as spam quite often. In looking at the breakdown of the spam rules they are hitting, I found a few things that I think are GoldMine related. Hoping I might be able to change a setting somewhere and get them cleaned up. They are using the GoldMine app for all emails and not Outlook.
pts rule name description
---- ---------------------- --------------------------------
0.82 MIME_QP_LONG_LINE_2 META: RAW: Quoted-printable line longer than 76 chars
0.00 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_12 BODY: HTML: images with 800-1200 bytes of words
1.05 FROM_EXCESS_BASE64_2 META: From: base64 encoded unnecessarily
0.00 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
0.00 MIME_HTML_ONLY BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts
0.00 BSF_BESS_OUTBOUND META: BESS Outbound
0.00 MIME_QP_LONG_LINE RAWBODY: Quoted-printable line longer than 76 chars
0.01 FROM_EXCESS_BASE64 META: From: base64 encoded unnecessarily
1.63 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_12_2 META: HTML: images with 800-1200 bytes of words
The BASE64 ones are puzzling to me. I checked other emails that they receive and those rules and not triggered (not even listed!) so I'm leaning towards GoldMine. Hoping someone has seen that and knows how I might be able to clean that up.
The image one I can fix up pretty easy. Their signature has a lot of text in it and that's an old spammer trick.....so filters don't like that. Just need to work with them on updating the signature. That will get them well below 2.0 and probably enough to call it a day.
They are doing POP/SMTP with GoldMine to their on-premises Exchange 2010 server (soon to be 2016), and I'm wondering if there is a better way to integrate than using POP/SMTP. If so, that might fix up the other issues.
Sorry for the noob GoldMine questions, I'm a network guy!