4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2018 11:18 AM by Motaz

Clone Module

John Haddad Expert

can i clone whole module and restore it in another DB

For example request management module and add it in another DB .

• 1. Re: Clone Module
          Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Haddad,

Cloning a module using the Clone Module tool provided by Ivanti is not suitable for this case (As far as I am aware this tool can be used within the same database - no database destination can be selected during the cloning process). The best thing to do in such cases (in my opinion) is to use Design Transfer in the following order:

• All the attributes with filters
          • All other attributes
          • Categories
          • Ordered Lists
          • Reference lists
          • Roles and Groups
          • Queries only, no filters
          • Windows
          • Processes
          • Response Levels
          • Self Service
          • Dashboards

(This list is taken from another post - Help with Design Transfer tool )

I suggest you backup both databases prior applying any changes. There might be some manual actions you may need to take afterwards like setting up the default processes.

• 2. Re: Clone Module
            John Haddad Expert

Ok Motaz,

in design transfer have like this :

give me the order here ! please

i'm not getting your order like ( Attributes with filter & self service )

and i have filter for each action added as filter and in window

also have templates

in which step should i take !!

• 3. Re: Clone Module
              John Haddad Expert

Locking and transferring modules

If you are logged in to Console as a user who has their culture set to the default language, you can export locked modules using Design Transfer so that they can be imported into another database.

https://help.landesk.com/docs/help/en_US/LDSD/10.0/Default.htm#038 2016 New Features/CreateModules.htm%3FTocPath%3DRelease%2520documentation%7CNew%2520Features%25202016%7CService%2520Desk%25202016%7C_____6

• 4. Re: Clone Module
                Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

This will only work for modules that are created manually and not OOTB modules. For example, I created Project Management module and I was able to transfer it between multiple databases with no issues. You could give that a shot and it will definitely work!