2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2018 12:54 AM by Motaz

Query "In Repair" Statues Based on Resolved Incidents

Pitmac1 Apprentice

Hey ServiceDesk Pals,

Question:

How would you go about querying all resolved incidents and only selecting the records that have been in a "In Repair, pending rebuild, etc" statuses?

For Example: Incident that went into an "In Repair" status and is now resolved, how would I pull this record?

I know this is an odd question considering if I had an attribute to determine the Clock and whether these incidents stopped the clock or continued the clock (at those statuses). I wouldn't be asking y'all this. 

• 1. Re: Query "In Repair" Statues Based on Resolved Incidents
          Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

Pitmac1

As far as I am concerned, this is an “age-old” conundrum in reporting circles on ServiceDesk as it has always been difficult to test not only the scenario you mention, but also what was the status at a particular point in time ad is always needed on reports.

What I did in of MarXtar customer OOTB was create a new Business Object called ”Status Audit” (think that is the name from memory) under the “Process Management” module  and then I have a trigger set to automatically add an entry to this table whenever a lifecycle changes status.  I did via a trigger so it would be transparent to any of the processes. It basically captures from and to statuses, who actioned and on what date. I think it also joins back to the process table I think so you can test on this in Query criteria.

You could do something similar with automatic actions in your process such that whenever it entered a new status it does so via you action to add an entry to your status audit collection.

Either way though you couldnt easily back-fill history so it would have to be forward looking.

Julian

MarXtar Ltd

• 2. Re: Query "In Repair" Statues Based on Resolved Incidents
            Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

I thought of the same exact scenario as yours when I first saw the question. In the back of my mind I was like *What about the existing records that have been created*. So yeah this solution is a good one in case it was implemented initially. or at least if they could implement now they can use it later on in the future.