1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2018 3:00 PM by AlasdairRobertson

Dashboard incident/task color when status changes.

Apprentice

Hello, i am looking for some help on the dashboard incident/task color when status changes.

Currently, when we have priority 1 ticket that is active, it is RED.

when the status change from Active to Waiting or workaround, is there a way to change the color?

so it would be like this for priority 1 ticket.

Active                       Priority 1   <--RED

Waiting                     Priority 1   <--Yellow  (#c1b222)

Workaround             Priority 1  <--Green  (#37c122)

Thank you

-jimmy

• 1. Re: Dashboard incident/task color when status changes.
          AlasdairRobertson ITSMMVPGroup

Moves to Ivanti Service Manager discussions.

On the Incident List view you can specific style value.

• Open the AdminUI
          • Browse to the User Interfaces > Style Editor (here you can create the sytle you wish your row or cell to be highlighted)
          • Browse to the Incident Object and select the List tab
          • Ope nthe list you wish to edit Incident or Incident.Dashboard2 for example
          • Select a column or if changing for a row select the list properties button at the top of the list.
          • Find the Style field and change it to expression:

• Insert an expression to select your style $(if Status == 'Active' then <stylename> else '') or $(if Status == 'Active' then 'ShockingPink' else if Status == 'Logged' then 'Green' else '')

for example: here is one I wrote with is based on SLA:

$(if Status == "Closed"

then "IncidentSLANormal"

else if [Frs_data_escalation_watch#.ServiceReqAssocResolutionEscWatch]BreachPassed

then "IncidentSLABlack"

else if [Frs_data_escalation_watch#.ServiceReqAssocResolutionEscWatch]L3Passed

&&

[Frs_data_escalation_watch#.ServiceReqAssocResolutionEscWatch]ClockState

not in

("Pause",  "Obsolete")

then "IncidentEscalationBreach"

else if [Frs_data_escalation_watch#.ServiceReqAssocResolutionEscWatch]L2Passed

&&

not in

("Pause",  "Obsolete")

then "IncidentSLAOrange"

else if

[Frs_data_escalation_watch#.ServiceReqAssocResolutionEscWatch]L1Passed

&&                        

not in

("Pause",  "Obsolete")

then "IncidentSLAYellow"

else "IncidentSLANormal")

• 2. Re: Dashboard incident/task color when status changes.
            Apprentice

thanks for the answer Alasdair, however i am not getting the result, we want to change the entire line to different color when status changes, not just the incident section.

• 3. Re: Dashboard incident/task color when status changes.

Here are the steps:

• Login to the AdminUI
              • Find the Incident buisness Object
              • Open the List you wish to alter
              • Click on the List properties button then the Style field
              • Select the Expression option and copy in the following:

$(if Priority == "1"

then "RedLabel"

else if Status == "Logged"

then "BlueLabel"

else if Status == "Resolved"

then "GreenBox"

else if Status == "Active" then "YellowBox" else "Default")

• Click Submit on the dialog and then Save the List
              • Refresh the main UI to see the results.

Each row has a different colour, I left in the Priority 1 indicator but you can play with the expression as needed to get the desired results.

You can do this for any list but it is on a list by list basis for each object. There is no global setting I am aware of for this.

• 4. Re: Dashboard incident/task color when status changes.
                Apprentice

Hi Alasdair,

i tried again, it doesn't seems to work. please see below:

Am I doing something wrong? it is the correct list, and i refresh IE.

• 5. Re: Dashboard incident/task color when status changes.

Ah ok my fault just noticed you are doing this on the Active P1 dashboard element, the expression I gave you will exit on the P1 element.  Try this:

$(if Status == "Waiting for Customer" then "YellowLabel" else if Status == "Workaround In Place" then "GreenBox" else if Status == "Active" then "RedLabel" else "Default")

It will ignore the P1 property and focus on the status field.

• 6. Re: Dashboard incident/task color when status changes.
                    Apprentice

i did that, and i became this.. waiting for customer didn't change, and is there a way to change the entire line?

i edit a little more, change label to box. and now it's like this.. is there a way to change the entire line like when it's P1 ticket, it's red, and change the entire line color when status changes?

• 7. Re: Dashboard incident/task color when status changes.

To change the whole line rather than editing just the one field you need to edit the row:

• Click List Properties

• Set the Style field to your expression

In answer to the second part of your question: my first expression will do what you want but the dashboard element you are playing with is only displaying P1 incidents.

You will need to use the expression for example on the List called Incident

$(if Priority == "1"

then "RedLabel"

else if Status == "Logged"

then "BlueLabel"

else if Status == "Resolved"

then "GreenBox"

else if Status == "Active" then "YellowBox" else "Default")

• 8. Re: Dashboard incident/task color when status changes.
                        Apprentice

wow.. that worked, thanks Alasdair,

but why is the line broken??

• 9. Re: Dashboard incident/task color when status changes.

On the style (Accessed in the Style Editor) there is a border which is set to #FFFFFF either set it to the background colour or remove the tag.

• 10. Re: Dashboard incident/task color when status changes.
                            Apprentice

i set the border and background the same, it doesn't do it.  and it doesn't allow me to remove the tag

• 11. Re: Dashboard incident/task color when status changes.

Ah your not changing the right styles, those controls will alter the entire system colour scheme.

• Admin UI
                              • User Interface Styles > Highlighter Styles
                              • Se the Border-color tag to the background-color

• 12. Re: Dashboard incident/task color when status changes.
                                Apprentice

thanks, that worked really well. thanks for the help and sorry i asked so many questions.

• 13. Re: Dashboard incident/task color when status changes.
                                  Apprentice

hi Alasdair, i am so sorry to bother you again, i am trying to edit more, so right now, waiting for customer is the goldish color, however i want to add 2 more status in there to have it goldish color. how do i write that expression?

Below is what i have, i tried:  $(if Status == "Waiting for Customer" or "Waiting for 3rd Party" or "Waiting to Install"   

It's not working with both OR and AND.  please advise. thank you

i also tried below, and it gave me this error message.

• 14. Re: Dashboard incident/task color when status changes.

No worries jimmyt the code is below there is a nice "in" statement you can use (as an aside you can also use "not in" as well, supporting in 2016.x forward)

$(if Status in ("Waiting for Customer","Waiting for 3rd Party","Waiting to Install")

then "yellowbox"

else if Status == "Workaround In Place"

then "greenbox"

else if Status "Active" then "Redbox"

else " Default")

1 2 Previous Next