Last change 23rd Mar 2018
Ivanti DSM 2018.1 enriches usability, cloud readiness, and Windows 10 upgrades
Join the beta program, we’d love to hear from you
The RC of DSM 2018.1 is not intended for productive use, but solely for testing purposes. We are making this latest RC release available here in the community one week before the actual release.
It is supposed to be the final release version
The RC version of DSM 2018.1 7.4.1_build4461 can be downloaded here
Release notes RC can be downloaded here
Endpoint Management can get complex. The new version of DSM 2018.1 is packed with various usability and performance enhancements to make administration a breeze. Here just some of the highlights of this release:
Zero day support of Windows 10
Benefit from the latest and greatest Windows 10 version when you are ready to stage your inplace-upgrade, migration or deployment. DSM is providing zero day support of every new Windows 10 version.
DSM packaging and eScripts that you love, just got even better. Benefit from improved software tag handling and eScript command extensions to display custom maintenance timeframes. Accelerate remediation with improved log formats for easier and automated analysis of log files.
Embark on your journey to the cloud. DSM will officially support Amazon RDS with MS SQL server for the DSM database with version 2018.1.
Wondering whether a change task has been transmitted to your endpoints? The DSM console provides you with alerts and notifications for change tasks and also improved visibility on property group levels. You can filter your own tasks in the “Infrastructure Task” view and benefit from automated updates.
Want to be a RC Tester?
This version is bursting with updates that will make managing your endpoints easier, incl. infrastructure changes, OSD enhancements, Web UI Dashboard updates, and overall improved performance and stabilization. DSM 2018.1 is planned to release end of March.
If you are interested in participating in the Beta Program, please contact us via this thread on the community. We’d love to hear from you.
- Improved SW-tag handling using type-aheads
- "GetMaintenanceTimes" now works with custom time frames - New Command GetTimeTableTimes
- Writing custom log file entries by a new WriteLogEntry command
- Log format for Splunk interface allows easier automatic analysis by writing the current date in every line
- CallScriptAs for scripting host using any account
- Every new version of Windows 10 is supported on day 0
- Ability to stage Windows 10 in-place upgrades and usage of peer to peer functionality
- Make administration of DSM Patch Management easier by moving all Patch Management Settings into one place
- Support Linux patching for CentOS and Ubuntu (via PatchLink add-on)
- New Dashboard capabilities – create your own dashboards in a BI like style
- The view "Infrastructure Task" now has a filter for my own tasks and auto refreshes
- The "execute change" Task now shows a concluding message to confirm that it was successfully transmitted to the endpoint
- Execution Attempts of software set components are now aggregated for the set
- Ability to set the visibility option on the property group level (not only on the property definition level)
- DSM 2018.1 officially supports SQL Server 2017
- Fast package distribution to any depot so that packages will be available faster in any location
- Possibility to configure the logfile path -> LogFilePath can now be overwritten in the registry
- Possibility to define the unique identification order of clients (SMBIOS GUID, SID, MAC, FQDN)
- Possibility to change the OS flavor and language of an OS Setup File Package after its creation
- Synchronization of computer properties before installing packages, so that dynamic group memberships can be built even for pre OS phase
- Official support of Amazon RDS with MS SQL Server for DSMDB