4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2018 6:48 AM by Sapsan

Access denied Login Page Ivanti Service Manager

Apprentice

Hi community,

I've get an error message after fresh installation Ivanti Service Maanger.

During installation process with System Configuration Wizard I've set an passwords for default account HSWAdmin and HEATAdmin, but actually i didn't set license data.

But unfortunantely for me I cant login with these Accounts

When I enter an HSWAdmin error message appear "Access Denied"

Is it problem with license or not ? Is it able to use Ivanti SM without license in Demo type?

User Account Admin and HSWAdmin are able to login via HEAT Operations Console

Please provide detail information what exactly wrong with Authorisation.

Any help will appreciate!

• 1. Re: Access denied Login Page Ivanti Service Manager
          BKallweit Apprentice

Most likely you have received a license file with ...-unspecified-... in its name; I would suggest that you set up licensing first. To do so open the License Manager in a browser at

<your server>/HeatLicenseManager. Log in to the Production tenant with username and password you set for the Production ConfigDB in System Configuraton Wizard, i.e. HSWAdmin. Load the license file.

You might need to restart the Ivanti License Server in services.msc afterwards.

Try to log in to Heat.

• 2. Re: Access denied Login Page Ivanti Service Manager
            Apprentice

Thanks for your reply,

I didn't get licnese file at all. I've got just install ISM withou any license.

The URL <your server>/HeatLicenseManager  is not log me into system because Access Denied.

I've just waiting from partner license file, perhaps it will be help me.

But actually my question Why I can't to Login without any license ?

• 3. Re: Access denied Login Page Ivanti Service Manager
              BKallweit Apprentice

Hi Sapsan,

I believe Heat always requires a license, and you should have received a temporary one (good for 30 days) from either your implementation partner or directly from Ivanti.

I'm not sure, but it might be possible to log in to your Config tenant even without a license. This could at least be a test that the installation left you with a working system. the Config tenant holds important configuration information, so please do not change things for now. Also, there's no incident or other 'demo' data in the Config tenant.

In HeatLicenseManager you log in to the production tenant with the user ID and password you specified when creating the ConfigDB in System Configuration Wizard.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Access denied Login Page Ivanti Service Manager
                Apprentice

Thanks for the info.

I've checked LicenseManager URL and successfully login with account. So I need to wait license file for a while