2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2018 4:16 PM by Roger1

WSG Exclusions

Roger1 Apprentice

I've been troubleshooting some issues with 9660 events.  Some of the issues may be related to large files being captured.  It seems there's a 30MB limit per personalized group (unless reconfigured on the server) although I'm unsure if  WSG sub-groups are counted individually or if the parent group is what is considered for the limit.  I've since completely nuked all background and themes capture.  In digging into a few large profiles, I found some .DOCX files captured by the Explore Settings WSG (Network Location Shortcuts).  I actually had a couple documents in there myself.  Hopefully the exclusions and WSG removals will help tidy up the DB when the ProfileCleanupDelayDays kicks off.

Re: File Exclusions - How Remove existing files from Database?

From randyb1:

"The Global Application Settings only apply to Application Groups, not WSGs.  So make sure you're doing the exclusions in the WSG."

This brings me to a few of questions - EM 10.1 FR3 HF1:

• Is there a global exclusion area for WSGs like App Personalization > Global Application Settings? 
      • If not, is there an easy way to add exclusions en masse?  And is there a recommended list for WSGs (see list below)?

Guessing this is a good place to start for default exclusions:

Windows Custom Settings Template - Links (with Exclusions)

*.asd

*.doc

*.docm

*.docx

*exe

*.mpp

*.one

*.ost

*.pdf

*.ppt

*.pptm

*.pptx

*.tmp

*.temp

*.vsd

*.vdw

*.wbk

*.xar

*.xls

*.xlsm

*.xlsb

*.xlsx

30MB limit:

Large amount of network traffic seen on Personalization servers and/or load balancers

**Update**

These links are what I'm looking for regarding my immediate issue of extra files being captured. 

EM 8.6 SP1  - Windows Custom Settings Exclusion Snippets now available for download

Windows Custom Settings Template - Network Location Shortcuts (with Exclusions)

• 1. Re: WSG Exclusions
          Landon Winburn ITSMMVPGroup

The limit is an IIS limit and is on a per "Sync" basis. WSGs come down in a single sync so the limit is based on all the WSGs that are conditioned true. Not only is there a size limit but also a file count limit so watch out for IE cookies and chrome extensions. IE passwords can also cause a file count limit.

• 2. Re: WSG Exclusions
            Roger1 Apprentice

Good info thanks.  As much as I've learned and continue to learn about his product there is always more.  Looking back at the other posts, it looks like a SQL script may be the best way to get exclusions add to my WSGs in large quantities.