8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2019 4:29 AM by TxtEva

Question list - Incident form offering

nspeed Apprentice

I am trying to build a question list for the users while reporting an inident.

Users would use the SelfService Mobile and the Service Catalog.

My form looks like this at the moment

At the moment I use the VisableExpression in the form to change the shown fields - on the right, Additional

Like I only show "Digital Radio Group" when service Digitalradio is chosen by the User.

These fields are all in the same cell

Problem1: It is not visable, but you can see a gap.

Problem2: I would actualy like to add some explaination Text

Like ID Other System would be "ID Digital Radio" and would have a hint "you find it on that page on the top right"

other System would ofcourse have a different info .... "number"  .... "red Number on the top left"

Question

Ist there a better way of doing this?

Create a new Form and Fields for every System/Service?

Has anyone tried to create a list of questions which could be shown to the user depending on the chosen service?

• 1. Re: Question list - Incident form offering
          michael.odriscoll SupportEmployee

Hi Nikolai,

Thanks for posting to the Ivanti Community!

Sorry that it seems no one has the answer to be able to assist you on this yet.  Did you manage to get any further information on this? Please share anything you deem useful and the community may be able to offer some help.

If not then please do consider the other ways to engage with us to get assistance:

https://community.ivanti.com/community/contact-support

• 2. Re: Question list - Incident form offering
            Apprentice

Hi Nicolai,

1) there's nothing you can do here. It could be some default marging for the control, even if the control is not visible. I don't know a way around that.

2) you could use labels (perhaps in an extra column) to show extra text.

3) a 'better' way? You could use a Request Offering instead, and have the Service Request create the Incident for you using the workflow.

Best,

Bernd

• 3. Re: Question list - Incident form offering
              AlasdairRobertson ITSMMVPGroup

I think the best option here is to use Incident templates, these can be published directly to self service and allow you to prompt and enforce completion of data fields if required.

They are easy to setup and clone for simple repetition.  You can either put the data into the incident description or alternatively create fields as you have done for the data.

Template Quick Action 

There is a tab called Incident details it is not used often but you could configure this to display different fields to complete per service.

• 4. Re: Question list - Incident form offering
                DrizztLU Apprentice

Quick tip for the "show an hint".

We used a workaround by using the abbr html tag.

<abbr title="I'm an hint!">hint</abbr>

• 5. Re: Question list - Incident form offering
                  nspeed Apprentice

BKallweit

extra text with lables sounds good

using a ServiceRequest to create incidents .... is that used often as a workaround?

AlasdairRobertson

I do use templates eg. to fill in different Services

But if I want to show different fields/questions then I need a separate layout for each Incident topic.

DrizztLU

Also good idea, I will try the hint

Looks like I should write a feature request

Thanks anyway for your ideas

• 6. Re: Question list - Incident form offering
                    AlasdairRobertson ITSMMVPGroup

nspeed wrote:

AlasdairRobertson

I do use templates eg. to fill in different Services

But if I want to show different fields/questions then I need a separate layout for each Incident topic.

You only need a separate layout if you are displaying the fields to the user, this may not be necessary if you are capturing the data via prompts to the user which can be part of the template, or use a dynamic field to display the selected items back to the user but also capture those details in individual fields therefore only requiring one layout.

Do you need to be able to search on the fields of data?  The other option is to use prompts in a template to capture the data and format it in to the Description area of the incident.

• 7. Re: Question list - Incident form offering
                      nspeed Apprentice

I dont need searchable fields. but I am displaying fields to the user.

The aim is to let the user insert the Data quick --> using prompts does not sound better for that purpose.

But maybe it works for other Incident templates

• 8. Re: Question list - Incident form offering
                        TxtEva Apprentice

I'm trying to setup up a template/Form Offering for users to raise an incident via the Self Service portal.

I was hoping to be able to use a similar style to the Request Offering for Service Requests where you can ask set questions but from what I can see it looks like you can only use the existing Fields which are in Incident.

We'd like to populate the Description box with the answers to set questions and the users will be required to fill in each answer e.g. For Printer issues we'd ask:

Make:

Model:

Method of connection (network or USB):... etc

But the prompt box can only be used once per field as far as I can see or is there another method of setting up multiple prompts per field? (without them appearing in separate prompt screens)